Chapter 19- I swear I don't smoke weed

"And where have you been?"

Jordan started at me, wide-eyed. "Uh-h, Riley, hehe. Umm, what are you doing in the, erm, Men's toilets?"

Ignoring him, I stomped towards him. "Do you know how worried I've been? How worried everyone's been?? Do you know what I had to go through to come here and find you??"

"Technically, I found you." He grinned sheepishly at me.

I folded my arms in annoyance. "Where did you go?"

He nervously ran a hand through his hair. "Nowhere."

I smiled sarcastically. "Sure."

He looked down at his feet. "Uh- I need to tell you something-"

Suddenly my phone started ringing from my jeans pocket. I snatched it out and accepted the call.

"Hello? Oh, hi Liam. Yeah, I found him." I muttered into the phone, whilst glaring at Jordan.

"Really? Where? Actually, that doesn't matter. We need you to come back."

I didn't get a chance to reply because he had already hanged up.

"Come on." I said to Jordan as I grabbed his hand and lead him out of the toilets.

"Ri, I need to tell you some-"

I abruptly stopped and interrupted him. "Can it, Jordan?! Your mother is currently in a hospital room in danger. We have to get there now. Tell me something that's more important than that, and I'll listen."

I don't know why I was being so rude. Mostly because I was really worried about where he had run off to without telling anyone.

Jordan stared at me, bewildered by my outburst. "I want to tell you where I was."

"Where?"

"With a friend."

I face-palmed. "You idiot! What were you doing with him while everyone was panicking? Probably smoking weed-"

He interrupted me and went on as if I hadn't spoken. "He opened my eyes, Ri."

I snorted. "What, did the weed shut your eyes forever?"

"I don't smoke weed!"

"Sure."

"Riley!"

"Fine, sorry. Then what?"

We were walking towards the room now. Slowly, but surely.

"He taught me to see what I couldn't see before."

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Stop acting like Shakespeare and tell me."

"I......" He seemed hesitant.

He sighed. "I'm in love, Ri."

I stared at him, wide-eyed. I couldn't believe it. For a second, I wondered if he may be kidding with me. But why would he do that? His mother was close to dying, and he looked serious too.

But there was a deep pit I could feel in my heart. And my throat felt clogged.

Jealousy, I felt.