Chapter 24: Guilt.

A/N Man it's been a whole year...I apologize...Long chapter coming up to make up for it, though ^_^ and I can officially remove the 'ON HOLD' from the title, cuz I'm resuming this book, baby!

RECAP (to save you the trouble of re-reading the entire book like I just did, lol):

Riley and Jordan are two neighbors who used to be best friends until Jordan fell into the dark side and left her for some other popular, low-life jerks who liked bullying others and harassing girls. He's realized his mistake and wants Riley's forgiveness, painfully. But she hates him for it and finds it hard to see him as a best friend again.

Anyway, when his cousin Isla is getting married next month, the two families want Riley and Jordan to go as a couple so they can all die in peace. Riley hates this idea and Jordan is ready to help her not go with him for her happiness.

Shawn is Jordan's cousin who came from England with his parents Patricia and Adam and creepy brother Greg .

Kayla is also Jordan's cousin but she's a terrible snob who may or may not have feelings for Jordan. She's about to arrive at the hospital too, with her parents, Sophia and Jack.

To make Riley happy, Jordan tells his mom that he's rather go to the wedding with Kayla. To this, his mom fakes a heart attack. Everyone rushes to the hospital and later everyone finds out that Grace was faking this heart attack just so Jordan would decide to go to the wedding with Riley, and only Riley.  

While Jordan was in the hospital, worried and having a smoke, he met a stranger who had a sad story but also gave Jordan advice to get his girl.

Jordan confesses his love to Riley to which Riley runs away in shock, as she does not know what to feel. She feels betrayed, because her best friend was in love with her this whole time. She drives away illegally in her mother's car and gets into an accident.

An ambulance arrives and everyone sees Shawn unconscious as he's been shot by a child shooter at a mall. A few minutes later Riley comes to hospital too by an ambulance, unconscious and bleeding. The doctor confirms that she is in a coma.

As the family worries for Riley and Shawn, Grace makes Jordan find a way to get them into Riley's room to see her.

Jordan acts high with a nurse and gets her to give him her nurse clothes. In fear, Nurse Carmella yeets her clothes at him. In a closet, not in front of him, of course- *coughs*  Jordan runs away and rushes to the room Riley is in, now as Nurse Carson.

And that's what you missed on The Frenemy Neighbours!

-

JORDAN's POV

I waltzed into Riley's room like I owned the place. Only Mom saw me enter the room, everyone else was too busy talking and whimpering is hushed voices. Mom nodded at me in approval.

Riley was lying on bed, her eyes closed. There were all sorts of wires prodding her. She looked as if she was in discomfort. It was probably the wrong time for me to think this, but she legitimately looked like a sleeping beauty-

prettier than the Sleeping Beauty, actually.

Though it's probably not the time to say this as she's bleeding and in a coma.