Save Yourself part 4

-Fast Forward a few weeks-

           •GAMZEE POV•

It was another late night coming home from work, and I consequently knew Karbro was going to be really mad. I sighed and walked in to find Karkat asleep. I gave a half hearted smile and picked him up. I went to put him on our bed when I heard a slight groan. Looking down, I saw his eyes flutter open. He looked genuinely at peace but I still saw through him and saw that speck of unbearable pain.

"You okay?" I said.

"Fine." he groggily replied "I just.. Something happened today.."

"What happened?" I panicked "You alright?" without another word, as I set my lover on the bed he lifted his shirt, revealing cuts and bruises that needed imense care for. I looked in awe at his face and saw his pain. He was sobbing and he was still bleeding. I patched him up after an hour and he was still crying a bit. I grabbed him and laid him down. I waited until he fell asleep to go down to the bar. I had gotten my leather coat and locked the door and headed out. I walked over in no time and made my way to a bar stool. I ordered my husband's favorite drink and chugged it quickly. I hadn't drank in a while and it burnt my throat. I sighed and sat there twiddling my thumbs and continued drinking until I got a slight buzz and as soon as I was about to head out, someone tapped my shoulder.

"Hey you, faggot!" exclaimed a stranger

"Excuse me?" I turned around to meet a cold fist to my cheek. I stumbled back a bit considering I'm not small. I rubbed my cheek and saw a man almost my height look at me with a smug look on his face.

"I messed up your faggot husband," he proclaimed "Now it's your turn." he swung at me, but I dodged and grabbed his leg from beneath him and let him hit the floor. Something snapped inside of me.. I grabbed his collar and punched his eye. He moaned in pain and I just kept hitting him until he kicked me off into the door,  shattering most of it. I got up, a bit taken back with cut hands with his and my own blood on. He and his friends grabbed me and a shard of glass, slowly cutting three lines across my face until they let me go. 'He will suffer... for Karkat..' I grabbed him and threw him out the door with strength I never used before. I yanked him by his hair to a curb, and curb stomped his ass until he was unconscious. I walk back into the bar and wrote down my number onto a paper and handed it to the bartender.

"Please," I smiled with blood running down my face "Call me with a damage total, I'll handle it." Right as I was about to walk out, I felt people walking behind me. I snapped my head to the side and spoke.

"Unless you want to end up like your meister,  then I suggest you never step a foot near me or my husband." I growled, walking off.

          •KARKAT POV•
'Dammit Gam.. where are you baby?!' I thought to myself as I called his phone once more to hear the door unlock. I rushed over and saw a bloody figure walk in. I knew something bad happened. Gamzee shuffled inside to only frighten me. He slammed the door and locked it. I teared up. He had too much blood on him to be his own, and he reeked of alcohol.

"Gam!!" I screamed "What the fuck?!?! You smell of alcohol and metallic blood!!".

"I had a fight.." he said hushed with a tear drop rolling off his chin "Those men will never bother you again.." I didn't know how to respond so I grabbed him and held him, staining his shirt with tears and the blood. I practically dragged him onto the couch as he gazed off into nothing. I made him take off his clothes, leaving him in his boxers. He was bloody and unfazed.. I cleaned up all of the blood and bandaged his wounds, all for the ones on his face. I reached for his face and gently touched it, Gam flinched and snapped back to himself. He didn't remember much and he was bawling on me, getting blood on my shoulder. I didn't care at this point, all I did was hold and coo him.

"Gam.." I whispered in his ear

"Yes..?" he finally spoke back.

"I need to clean your face, please get up" I insisted as he looked at me. I kissed his raw bloodied up lip. I sat on his lap with his arms resting on my thighs and his hands resting on my hips. I wiped the blood off and saw he didn't need stitching. I sighed with a bit of relief and patched him up as best as I could. We were both in our underwear. I grabbed his chin gently between my thumb and index finger and kissed his lips once more. Later on after talking and cuddling on the couch, He was asleep with me on top of him. I smiled, ruffled his hair and kissed his unharmed cheek said:

"I love you Gamzee."