Save Yourself part 17 *special*

~GAMZEE POV~

  ■FLASHBACK■
I look towards John and Summer. They're sitting there silently. John is trying to make Summer speak, but she seems pretty pissed. He tries to wrap his arm around her but she shakes him off and comes to sit next to me. I smile at her like an idiot and poke her arm. For once she isn't wearing a sweater. I look at her forearm as she rubs its. She tears up, biting her lip. I pull her out of the room full of people. She breaks and collapses into a position of her holding her knees to her chest. I sit down against the wall and pull the brunette onto my lap. Karkat walks out and sits next to me. He doesn't even want to ask. All the noise we can hear is our soft shushing and her almost silent sobs. She clings on to me tightly and I just rub circles in her back with one hand, and my other hand holding Karkats. He smiles at me. Suddenly a frantic John comes out looking around then down at us. Seeing Summer on my lap sobbing. I glare at him as Karkat gets up. I pick up Summer and hold her on my hip, letting her cry into my shoulder.
"Go" Karkat says. I nod and walk off towards the nearest park as I hear sounds of skin colliding. I look back to see Karkat punching John quite hard. I smile. Karkat will fight for anything he loves. Most would think that my short red eyed lover is weak, but he'll beat the living shit out of you. I arrive to the park, letting Summer down on one of the swings. She smiles and wipes her tears.
"Thank you Gamzee."
"No problem sis, what the hell was all that about anyways? Why is John all acting bitchy?"
"Long story. He found out I'm cutting again and he just is being so mean to me. And to make it worse, his love Vriska is being a bitch to me too." She sighs and looks up at the sunset. I sit on a swing next to her. We sit in silence as Dave and Karkat walk up. Karkat has a swollen cheek but that's it. I frown.
"Don't worry. I broke them up yo." Dave adjusts his shades "You should see John, way worse than this guy here." I smile and Karkat comes and pulls Summer off the swing so he can hug  her. She hugs him and a small sniffle comes from him.
"Girl, I'm always here for your fuckass. Don't worry about it." The hug ends and Dave walks up to the small girl. He hugs her and she smiles. She jumps on his back and Karkat jumps on mine. A race begins!
  ■FLASHBACK ENDS■

I wake up in a cold sweat. I notice that Dakota is on my chest, I smile and rub he back gently. I notice it's the afternoon. Soon Dakota began to fuss. I smile and sit the week and a half old child on my lap. I notice that a stroller is set up next to the bed. I put Dakota in it and we're off.

  ~DAVE POV~

  ■FLASHBACK END■
I look at the hospital bed, holding a girl with devastating injuries. A girl on life support. A comatose state. A sad life slipping away. An arm full of scars. I take off my shades and grab the girls hand. It's been a few days since she slipped into a coma. I push the long bangs off her face. Gripping her hand tighter as the door slams open. John stands in the doorway, crying. My best bud, crying over what he's done. He runs up to her, grabbing her lifeless face trying to wake her up. He shakes her until I push him off. He looks offended. I push him harder when Gamzee and Karkat come in with puffy red eyes. They sit on chairs, on the other side of where I am. I sit down and John sits on a couch by the door. Suddenly, little green orbs are shinning through slivers of eyes. I smile and cry harder, kissing the hand that intwines with my own. John stands up. The small girl screams with fright, nurses come in.
"Get away!! I never want you near me!! GET OUT!!" She clings onto my hand tighter. I look at John as tears stream down his face as he's being thrown out by a female and male security guard. She sits up, fearfully as all three of us males hug her. The beautiful brunette looks at the lovers and asks for a moment alone. I get up along with them but she sits me back down. I sit down confused. She smiles and grabs one of my hands with both of hers. I want to say something but only one thing can come out of my mouth
"I'm in love with you" "I'm in love with you Dave." We both had admitted simultaneously. I gasp and smile, she smiles with tears in her eyes.
"I was the first person contacted when you got hit.. I'm sorry for what happened. I just.. The night at the park. When I kissed you, you and John had took a break. I didn't expect you to kiss back. But I knew you thought it was a mistake.. You were hurting and I wanted to see that crooked smile again. That was the night, under the stars I fell in love."  I spoke to the girl. She smiled and sat up, groaning in pain. She reached for my face and kissed my cheek. I smiled and layed her back down. I got up and dragged the couch as close as I could to her bed. I layed down, holding her hand as we slept in the clean room.
  ■FLASHBACK END■

I shook my head and realized that I've been laying on the roof. I sat up and looked at the afternoon heated sky. What a sweet dream about Summer. I miss my family. My wife, my adopted child. I look out and then lay back down. Long times are ahead..

  ~KARKAT POV~

  ■FLASHBACK■
  I had called Gamzee so many damn times. He won't answer.. I'm in love with him and today was the day I was gonna ask him out, but he won't answer. Maybe I should stop by his home. See what's up. Dave and Summer seemed to notice that something was wrong. I frowned and told them. They said they knew about the fact that we're in love. Just something is wrong.. He's been acting different lately. I'm not sure what's going on but something is definitely wrong... I grab both and head in my car. We get to his house, the door unlocked. I rush in, heading to the room. I slam it open to see a frightening sight. My love, hanging from a thick rope, watching him only struggle a bit. Summer runs in with no hesitation and grabs his legs, lifting him up. She starts yelling at me to loosen the noose. I get on a chair and began helping him. I hear him gasp for air and cry. He falls backward onto the carpet. He sobs in a fetal position. Summer on the ground  next to him, Dave runs in saying the ambulance is on the way. Gamzee crying and gasping. I layed there, pulling him into my lap.
"I love you... Gamzee.. I love you.." he whispered it back with all his strength and passed out into my arms. Summer.. she saved him...
  ■FLASHBACK END■

I look into a mirror and wipe my tears. Summer has given me nothing but miracles. A lifetime of miracles. A wonderful miracle, and one grief. Her own death. A hot summer is coming. A painful time.