Save Yourself part 18

~KARKAT POV~

It's been a few years of quietness. Dakota is now 4 years old. A beautiful girl. Dark brown almost black, wavy hair. A combination of Summer and Gam. Green orbs as her mother. A creamy, tan skin color like her father. She's a happy little girl. Always running around. Very smart. She calls me daddy and Gamzee papa. I decided to let her hang out with Dave today. I cuddle up against Gamzee. We had a little run in with a good old friend passing by, looking for supplies. Our friend Vriska, aka spider bitch. She said John got bit and had to put him out of his misery. She knew about the Sollux ordeal. She knew about everything. She's remorseful. In a way, she ruined Summers life. She asked for empathy and begged us to let her stay, but we all refused. I won't let spider bitch ruin anything else.

  ~DAVE POV~

I'm walking around with Dakota. She's holding my hand. We've been having quite the fun time. We finish our small snacks and then I hear a quiet petite yawn.

"Uncle Dave. I'm tired." She says softly.

"Is it nap time already?" I look to the doors and see its high noon. I smile and grab her hand again. Well, looks like we're off to a furniture store again. Walking in silence.

  We arrive at my favorite store. Were all my memories are. Pictures of Gamzee, Karkat, Summer, me and even Dakota are on all of the walls. Dakota smiles and laughs.

"There's me!" I nod and smile. She looks confused that almost all the pictures involve Summer. Even from our high school years there are pictures. She walks up to two pictures one of Summer on my back, and the other of Karkat on Gamzees. At the park. At night. The best night of our lives. We all looked so young so careless. Summers hair, falling wherever. Green eyes and a crooked smile. My shades off. No dark circles. A noticeable blush on my cheeks. I'm looking up instead of at the camera. I'm smiling, wider than I ever have. I'm holding onto Summers legs and she has her hands placed on me like she never wanted to let go. Gamzee. Gamzee was turned to face Karkat, who was leaning down and in for a kiss. We took the picture as they were an inch apart.  Both of their eyes fluttering. Both blushing. Gamzee without the scars on his face. She points to Summer.

"Who is she?"

I walk up to the picture and squat next to her.

"That's your biological mother. She was my wife, still is." I play with the band on my finger "We wanted kids. But instead, we found a girl named Sky. We adopted her five years ago when you were concieved. Sky had beautiful blue eyes. That's why we named her Sky. It was either that or Dakota. But we named you Dakota instead." I teared up.

"Why?"

"Well your mother and cousin were bit, by the monsters. A week or so after you were born. I had to end the misery and suffering of your mother and cousin. When you were first born, Papa automatically jumped to name you Dakota. He thought it suited you. Which it does. Your mother loved you. She was a survivor. Please, always pray for her sweet soul. Your mother is and always will be.. an angel and a saint." I didn't notice I was crying until Dakota hugged me after wiping my tears. I smiled and hugged her. Time for a well earned nap. I pick her up and put her on the bed and layed next to her. She curled up next to me, pulling the blanket over us.

"Uncle Dave?" She whispers

"Hmm?"

"Was mommy always so beautiful?" I started stroking Dakota's hair. I smiled.

"Yep. Now let's take a nap sweetheart."

"Love you uncle Dave."

"Love you too sweetheart."

  ~GAMZEE POV~

  Karkat is cuddled up on my lap. This is a nice time. It seems as if everyone finally got over her. No more mourning. Just a peaceful time. I miss her. We all do. Hopefully Dave told Dakota about her mom. I can hear light snores now, which is making it hard to not giggle. There hasn't been anything huge in the past 5 years. All the zombies are dying out. Everything might be going back to normal. Honestly I have no idea how we've survived this long. I have a good life though. A beautiful daughter from my best friend. A sexy fantastic husband. An awesome brother. I look at the tattoos on my arms. The one that makes me smile the most is the one on my right shoulder. It has Karkats name and a lock on it with barbwire. I smile. I run my hand through my hair and slowly fall asleep.

/////////////////please read
Hey guys. Happy Thanksgiving! So the story is coming to an end in the next or so chapter. There's no stopping it. It'll be the longest chapter(s) out of the whole story. I know a lot of you don't want it to end, but I cannot keep the story going forever. Hope you guys enjoyed this short chapter. Thanks people! Means a lot to me.