Save Yourself part 15

ABOUT 8 MONTHS OF CRYING AND CRAVINGS LATER

~DAVE POV~

Summers belly has gotten quite large over the past few months. Right now she's sitting on a couch with Sky. She looks the same, just with a belly. It doesn't look like she can age. Her porcelain skin glows better even! Sky is learning how to braid hair so she's braiding Summers now long dark brown hair. Summer waves me over and I come rub her tummy. She smiles and tries to get up when Sky stops, but she can't. I help her up and she kisses me and Sky jumps onto me. We all walk to the food court since it's lunch time. Karkat places grilled cheese sandwiches in front of all of us with a glass of milk. We're all eating now but suddenly Summers eyes shoot open. She swallowed the food in her mouth and whispered.

"It's time.." I run over and see her water broke. She's freaking out at this point. Gamzee pulls up the cart and puts her in as Sky, me and Karkat run right behind. Soon we arrive to the baby store. We have a nice mattress set up with a lot of pillows and blankets. Three buckes of hot, cold, and warm water. Some diapers, scissors, towels, baby clothes and more. Summer is laying on the mattress while Karkat and Sky are watching from behind me. Gamzee is on her left side, holding her hand. Time to deliver a baby...

About 2 hours later.

"One last push babe!" I look at Summer. She's pale and sweating as she bites down on plastic pieces. She groans in pain and gives one last push as the baby slowly arrives in my hand. It's a beautiful girl! I hold her up as Gamzee cuts the umbilical cord. He starts crying and Karkat comes to congratulate Summer. Summer smiles and asks to hold the lovely little girl. I clean the baby and hand her to Summer. I look at my wife and I tear up. I go to push up my shades, but they're no longer there. Sky tugs on my shirt.

"Daddy?" I look down at the beautiful girl I adopted into my family.

"Yes?" I say as I grab her hand. She looks down to her clothes. "You need new clothes!" I pick her up and put her on my shoulders. We walk out to a kids store. Leaving those three to figure things out. As we were walking, Sky says something that catches my ear.

"...I wanna go outside!" She exclaims. I stop in front of the store and unlock it. She gets down and runs in. She picks out a red long sleeve shirt and black sweats. I turn my back to let her change and then she taps on me, ready to go.

~KARKAT POV~

Summer is holding my daughter.. well. Yeah my daughter. She looks at me and then to Gamzee and back to me.

"Karkat would you like to hold your daughter?" She smiles weakly at me. I flinch at the words and reach for the infant, grabbing her gently as she sleeps. But when she comes into my arms she starts crying. I coo her and rock her back to sleep. I start crying and look at my clown and my sister. Summer has been through so much.. But she still puts everyone in front of herself. I love the green eyed girl as my family. I look at the baby in my arms.

"What will you name her Summer..?" I whisper while staring intensely at the baby still. Summer let's out a loud laugh as she tries to sit up, but to no avail she can't.

"Karkat, I got to name my daughter Sky. It's up to you and Gamzee." Gamzee jumps and kisses Summers hands, forehead and cheeks. He runs and eagerly looks at me. I look at him and fluster.

"I was thinking of Dakota!" Gamzee looks at me and Summee looks confused.

"Gamzee, why Dakota? That was one of the names I told you about." She finally sits up but groans.

"Well, I think it's a beautiful name. Plus you gave birth to her. You like the name. Your her birth mother and I'm her birth father. And I wanted a kid for a while, but when Sky came along you had two wonderful names so I want to name her Dakota, if that's okay with you two." He shrugs.

"That's fine with me," Summer manages to stand up wobbling "Just to let you know, I'm not incapable of doing things still. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get to the restroom. And will someone bring me a pad? I heard that I am going to bleed for like 2 weeks now." She finishes while walking to the restroom. I look at Gamzee and kiss him sweetly.

"Dakota is a beautiful name you clown." I look at him. His scars are barely there from that awful night. I kiss him once more and hold Dakota to him. He grabs her and smiles at me.

"I love you crabby."