Prologue- Hawk

The previous chapter was the last part in Jay's chapter, and Hawk's point of view is the last one in Blend the Light. So, without further ado, please enjoy!

Prologue

"Capture him. I want Hawk in one of the cells by tomorrow's nightfall. Maximum security. I don't want him escaping." Guthrie Harper's words leave no room for interpretation.

"Yes, sir. Is there anything else we can do for you, sir?"

"That shall be all. He better be here." Guthrie Harper narrows his eyes at the Wasteland guards who are noticeably sweating. One of them writes down notes on a scrap of paper; anything to not have to look at Guthrie Harper, and nothing can be missed or forgotten when it comes from Guthrie Harper's mouth.

"Yes, sir. If that is all, we will leave immediately, sir," They say in unison.

"Go now." Guthrie Harper waves his hand at the door before turning his attention back to the papers in front of him. Some have red scribbles across them, and others have brightly coloured X's or hasty drawings scrawled over words.

"Yes, sir," The Wasteland guards say before almost running out the door, and shutting it softly behind them.

Thank you for reading! Please comment, and please consider a vote!

Are there any ideas on how the rest of the story will play out?

What do you think of Guthrie Harper?