Chapter One

<Dylan>
My eyes followed my father as he went over to the counter, to pour a fancy bottle of wine into two empty glasses.

"Is that your son?", a lady asked. She glances at me through her thick mascara, trying to give me a seductive red lipstick smile. I coldly adverted my eyes away, showing no sign of interest.

"That's my boy," my father chuckled and advance towards me. Unlike me, my father always tries to greet others with his cheerful attitude. He sat down on the cushion, and handed me the wine glass. I gradually accepted it, taking a light sip of the red liquid.

"What's the matter buddy? Tonight's your big night. Aren't you excited?"

Uncontrollably I let out a faint smile. He was right, I shouldn't let those pathetic commoners ruin my mood. I stared through the transparent glass, observing the graceful red liquid as it leaves a vague mark upon it. Bored, I set the glass on the table, and laid back on the sofa.

"There will be a cocktail party starting at eight tonight, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of this company." Mr. Ace smiled to himself, twirling his own glass of wine, "After the party, I'll make sure to properly address you during my final farewell speech".

He then held up his wine glass towards me, "Mr. Dylan Ace, my son, the new CEO of Royal Casino". Hearing that from my own father, I couldn't help but to smirk proudly, and without hesitation clinked my glass against his.

After meeting up with my father, I went back to my own luxury room. Newly tailored suits and ties were already hung in the closet for me, cleaned and lavish bed sheets, spacious living room with an large TV, wines lining up accordingly on the bar counter, stylish cologne neatly packed in my drawer, even the bathroom contains a premium whirlpool tub. Everything was perfectly prepared for me like always. I grinned to myself, my father have always offered to give me whatever I pleased. Despite, him hanging around with numerous women from time to time, with me having to call each of them stepmoms, I was still his one and only precious son. I stretched myself on top of the silky bed, Royal Casino...starting tomorrow this whole company will be under my name. I sighed with satisfaction, imagining the amount of authority and power I would gain overnight.

****

I glanced at my Rolex, it was almost seven thirty, I should get ready for the cocktail party. I grabbed an gray towel, and set my blasting speaker on the counter and strolled towards the bathroom. I let out a relief as I allow my body to sink into the cold water. I laid my head back against the tub and let out a deep breath. Hearing my music echoing in the background as I soak in the tub, my muscles relaxed instinctively.

Dylan Ace, the young bachelor who has everything paved for him already. The luxury, the wealth, there is just nothing he needs to worry about in his entire life.

I opened my eyes and grabbed the nearest iPad for some entertainment. Advertisement of our casino fills the whole screen, I smiled to myself as I scroll through every description of this building. Largest Casino in Las Vegas, Multibillionaire company, Most Luxurious resort anyone can ever afford. I feel more and more pleased as my eyes scan through those bulging letters. After a while, I set the device aside, and grab my towel. I was eager for the party, excited for the showcase, a prideful smile spread across my face as I stare back at my own reflection. You got this Dylan, no one is better suited for this company than you are.

Beloved Readers,
How do you feel about Dylan? Is he too egotistical for you?