Chapter Twenty Seven

It has been awhile since I have the pleasure of eating foods cooked by other person beside my myself.

"Here Hazel, help yourself. Go ahead and take plenty", Ms. Mercer offered.

Before me was a plate of barbecue spare ribs with some roasted vegetables. I eagerly devour it like I was back at home.

"Oh", Ms. Mercer cried suddenly, grabbing her plate. "I'm going to eat in my room instead". She then give both of us a mysterious wink before heading upstairs.

Brandon smirked, scooping himself some corns, while I blushed, setting down the rib to eat politely.

"You know, my mum haven't been this happy since my dad left, I think she really enjoys your company".

He was using his fork to navigate through the foods on his plate.

Usually, when Dylan eats dinner, he made it seem as through there was an whole audience watching him consume his food. Elegant and well mannered, only bits of the whole plate will be allowed to make it to through his mouth.

However, with Brandon, he would rather play with his food before actually giving them a taste.

They are really vastly different aren't they?

I smiled, "I'm glad I could brighten her up".

"I'm going to use the restroom", Brandon said excusing himself. I was glad that he did so, because the dinner was becoming awkward.

I lightly chewed on my food, blankly watching the empty seat across from me. Then a sudden ring blared the whole dining room. Startled, I looked over at my phone which was crying intensely. I dropped my fork and picked it up.

It was an voice recording alarm.

Huh..Since when did I create an alarm like this?
Confused, I pressed it, holding it close to my ear.

Should I remind you when to come home again?

I remember that devilish voice from anywhere, the steel cold voice of his ringing against my ear.

Dylan Ace.

"That's what he did to my phone, that..sneaky bastard!"

"What bastard?" Brandon asked stroking through his hair with his hand as he grab a seat.

I quickly shove my phone into my pocket.

"Uh..bastard yea, I was talking about you".

Brandon twitched his eyebrows as though he was hurt, "Why? Just because I did a little prank on you?"

I pressed my lip to prevent myself from laughing, Did he really just believe that? Brandon could really be a goofball sometimes.

"Little?", I fumed angrily, "I might not be able to fall asleep now just because of you".

He drew a smirk, "Stay for the night then, I can make you sleep like a baby".

Heat stroked from my face, I angrily stabbed the rib with my fork, "Brandon!"

He chuckled, "What's wrong with you Hazel? Why are you so hot tempered today?"

I scoffed, packing my mouth with food. Brandon just simply smiled, and reached forward for a sip of glass water.

"Are you planning on going to the Poker competition this year?"I asked curiously to change the topic.
With a legend father like that, he should really attend to amaze everyone.

"Would you like me to attend?"

I set my silverware beside me and wiped my mouth.

"What..does this got to do with me?".

Brandon didn't respond, silently chew on his food.

"It would be nice to see you there", I said softly, "Show them your card tricks like how you showed it to me before".

Brandon's cheek grew slightly pink as he smiled it off.

"Yes, I will be attending", a proud smirk hung on his lips, "I have too, I'm the card dealer for the event".

I almost drop my fork which could've cause a big blotch of sauce mark on myself.

"That's awesome Brandon!" I cheered.

He gestured for me to come closer, so I leaned over the table to hear him out.

"What if I told you that I'm the card dealer for the grand table", he whispered.

I let out a loud squeal, then quickly covered my mouth, pulling him forward for a excited hug instead.

Even though it'll be even better to have Brandon as one of the players, but it's still remarkable to have the privilege of hosting the grand table. Basically being a part of the whole outcome and the center of attention.

***

The remaining of the dinner went by a blur, Ms. Mercer came down after I have finish cleaning up the table. I suppose she was disappointed to find out we didn't do much of an entertainment.

"Hazel dear, would you mind to stay for the night?"

Ahh, Ms. Mercer you really are trying to give us opportunities to know each other. I thought for a moment, Should I though? Dylan technically did just warn me about my curfew.
Oh whatever, we'll let that Mr. Dylan have a taste how important I am, and how much he needs to have me home.

I smiled devilishly, "May I? I want to make sure Brandon gets better".

"Oh as long as you're here he will get better eventually", she smiled wholeheartedly.
I shifted uncomfortably, why is Ms. Mercer constantly hinting about something.

"You're staying?" Brandon asked, looking up from his phone.

I nodded, my brown eyes locking with the green eyes of his.

He smirked.

"I didn't expect to be advancing this fast Hazel. I should head upstairs and fix my room then," he said while getting up.

"How thoughtful of you!", I said with sarcasm, "I can sleep in any other room, thank you very much!"

Brandon teased playfully, "No need to feel uncomfortable with me Hazel."

Brandon must be so sick that it messes with his mind. Oh how annoying of him to even think that we'll sleep together.

I stormed upstair.

I glanced around, maybe it's a wrong idea to stay here, but I've already promised. What was I thinking?!
I headed to an empty room directly next door of Brandon's. I sighed and sat on the bed.

There was a knock on the door that alerts me, Brandon was standing there with a pillow and blanket.

"Here," he said handing them to me. "Let me know if it's not enough".

He turned and was about to leave, "Wait", I called.

He cocked his eyebrow, "What's the matter?"

I blushed looking down at my uniform,
"I need some sleep wear".

This is the second time I ask for clothes from him, and I cannot emphasis how embarrassing it was.

"Oh," he mumbled scratching the side of his hair,
"Give me a minute".

He didn't left for a second before poking his head back in the room.

There was a naughty gleam in his eyes, that hinted whatever he's about to say, I won't like it.

"Who's sleep wear would you prefer? My mum's or mines?"

I didn't answer him, instead I reached for the familiar pillow and threw it at him. He laughed and blocked it with the door.