Chapter Thirteen

The house was empty when I got home around six. I got plenty of time to get ready, so I decided to take a shower first. I hurried upstairs to rummage through my closet to see if I have anything proper to wear. Finding the right clothes did not take as long as I thought since there wasn't much to look through in the first case. It's just a regular dinner right?...I took out a simple white dress and laid it on my bed. Considering that it will be cold outside, I added on a trench coat on top. This should do it I told myself, as if I have other choices.

Before I leave, I thought it'll be responsible to leave a note to inform Dylan of my disappearance. I quickly grab a piece of paper along with a pen to scribble something down.

Mr. Dylan,
I'll be back to cook dinner. There should be numerous new pairs of clothes in the closet, so you'll be perfectly eligible to access the shower now.

I laid down my pen and read it over, why does it sound like a mother leaving a note for his son...A smile cross my face as I held down the pen again to close the note.

-One and only caretaker

I grinned to myself pleased at my own sense of writing which made myself seem important to this household. I purposely clipped it on to the center of the fridge where it's completely visible to the eye. All right! With that out of the way, I reach for my phone to text Brandon the restaurant address to met up with me.

Why couldn't you just tell me your home address? So I can just pick you up? -Brandon

Although it does sound more convenient than calling for a taxi, but I quickly replied to him that it is complicated.

I stood outside the restaurant and waited for less than five minute before a noticeable familiar BMW pulled up. Brandon scrolled down the window and stared at me dumbfounded. He looked up at the restaurant behind me before letting his eyes fell back at me again.

"This wasn't what I was expecting", he said, in a tone as though this was a joke and was quite shocking for him.

"What?", I asked puzzled, "I eat dinner here quite often".

A light chuckle left his lip, "At Pilly's Pepperoni Pizza?"

I beamed at the mention of the name and nodded hungrily.

"Um..no," he rejected, "Not today, I have somewhere else in mind."

Again I was confused, Why couldn't we eat here? Isn't it suppose to be a regular dinner for the night?

"Why are we.."

"Hop in," he instructed before I could reason with him. I walked forward and grasp the handle, comfortably adjusting myself in the passenger seat .

***

He tweaked up the music to make the ride more smoother and comfortable for her. At the red light, he halted the car and glance at her.

"Where are we going?", she asked.

Brandon gave her a secretive grin, hinting that it'll be a surprise.

Hazel glance out the window, her eyes filled with awe as the car approaches the wealthiest part of the city. Christmas decorations were already hung up against the street poles and the stores. There were music playing in the background as people buzzed around the blocks.

Brandon parked the car near the side line and grinned.

"Well, here we are!"

He casually got off the car and stroll over to open the door for Hazel.

"It's beautiful," she murmured.

Brandon's smile never faded as he eagerly guide her toward a classy restaurant in the middle of the block. Peering inside the glass window, Hazel could see wealthy couples having a pleasant dinner together. Probably celebrating their anniversary..

"No..I can't go in", she mumbled stepping back.

"Why not?", Brandon asked, furrowed his eyebrow.

She bit her lip, this is definitely an top notch restaurant that only exist in those magazines, it'll be embarrassing to walk-in since I clearly don't belong here.

"Come on," Brandon urged, "The checks on me".

She manage to grab a hold of his arm and stopped him, "Brandon, I don't want you to spend your whole paycheck for a dinner".

Brandon's feature soften, "It's not a dinner, I'm trying to make it special", he gave her a warming smile, "Do me a favor Hazel, let's just settle here tonight".

She gave in as his green eyes melted her mind. He gently grab a hold of her hand as she followed behind him. Awkwardly, she tried to avoid the eye contact of the customers, to prevent any disapproving glances. However, the moment they walk in, several couples have already take notice of their presences as they nosily look over at their direction, sneered before turning back to their plates.

"Table for two please", Brandon requested ignoring the attention. He gave her hand a slight squeeze, "Don't worry", he murmured, all he wanted was for her to have a good time and he was not about to let their night be ruined by some shameless customers.

The server nodded and escort the two guests upstairs toward a table that faces out the window. The spectacular street of Las Vegas could be perfectly appreciated at this spot. The beautiful Christmas lights was illuminating against the night sky as fountain showers elegantly in the distances. Hazel who was attracted by the beauty of the city was still flattered and speechless. This has to be a dream, the fact that she, a casino maintenance was permitted to have a dinner in the most fanciest restaurant of the city. It was undeniably stunning and...romantic, with the smooth background music playing along with the dazzling view of the city...it was just perfect.