Chapter Thirty

"So, can someone explain why I'm here?"

Carlos looked around the bar, brushing his fingers through the stacks of wine glass.

"Actually..why both of us are here", I added in agreeing with him.

Right after lunch, I was immediately called to come to the bar, and to my surprise I wasn't the only one.

"Stop fussing you two", Linda snapped "Majority of the bartenders went out complaining, probably got their ass fired".

So much for that protest...

"Is that why we're taking their place?" I asked.

A smug smile hug her lips, "It's just temporary".

Linda walked towards me, her loud heels digging into the floor. She leaned forward, purring in a low voice.

"Stay your nose away from Mr. Dylan's business." she warned and pulled away, whipped her hair behind her back as if nothing had happened.

"Now if you excuse me, "she declared, "I got files to compete".

With that she left me and Carlos by ourselves with the whole bar. I was still suspicious on how the whole bartender gangs just disappear like this.

It's fine, not the first time I worked here anyway.

"How do we even make these drinks", Carlos complained, observing the wine list. This was exactly how I felt that day when I was thrown into this position, overwhelmed and angry.

"Just follow that recipe booklet", I replied simply. There was no response from him, so I looked up. He had already lost interest in the conversation and was scrolling through his phone screen.

I let out a sigh, it's going to be a long day.

"So, how do you feel about my buddy Brandon?" He murmured, his eyes still glued on the phone.

What kind of question is that...

"He's very personable, friendly, generous, somewhat goofy, uh.." I mumbled, racking my brains to answer him.

"Hey," He said cutting me off, "I'm not asking for a list of characteristics, like how do you feel about him?"

How rude!

This time I didn't hesitate to think about it, instead I stormed toward him and snatch his phone away, making him look up at me full of confusion.

"Why did you care about how I feel about Brandon". I set the phone on the counter, "Plus, I have every reason to not answer."

"Chill down Hazel", a light smile appeared on his face in attempt to calm me down.

"A glass of Margarita please".
We broke our glances and watches as a young lady place her large purse on the counter.

I was just about to make her drink, when I notice Carlos in the corner, already pouring tequila and squeezing limes.

"Your Margarita", he said adjusting his uniform and gave the young lady a wink.

So he's acting stupid with me all along.

I fumed angrily, and kept my distance away from him.

The moment my fingers wrapped around the familiar wine bottles, did the memories flooded into my mind again. How Cassandra was giving me a difficult time. How I was vulnerably tearing up in the hallway. How Sophie and I decided to ask for Dylan...The thought of Dylan send shivers up my spine, what would he think of my behavior today? Is he mad? My fingers quivered causing the red wine to spill around the glass. How irrational of me to just storm up there like that.