Chapter Twelve

"Your meeting is starting sir", Linda informed, opening a slight gap of the door. Noticing that, he didn't give her any response, she scoffed and shut the door. He has already gotten most files checked over, This wasn't as difficult as I thought. With that he stood up from his armchair and strolled out.

The members quiet down the moment he enters  the room. All eyes were observing him as he take the center seat.

"Nice to meet you Dylan, my name is Mr. Edward, you're father mention a lot about you", a tall thin man greeted as he stretch out his hand. Dylan casted him a stern face,
"Start the meeting", he demanded. Silence fell over the members are they avoided his gaze. Mr. Edward awkwardly sat down, after Dylan disrespectfully ignored his greetings.  Dylan flipped through the particular file labeled project X, for which Linda have told him about and tossed it onto the table as he laid back.

"There's an open property with minimum cost at Ridgetown for us to establish a new chain of Royal Casino. Should we invests on establishing another Royal in that area?"

He stated summarizing the point of the file. The members remained quiet, as through his question was rhetorical rather than being answered.

Silence fell over the table, they were intimated to speak up any opinions. He let out a exhale, folded his arm over his chest and scanned every individual impatiently. He finally narrowed his eyes on a chubby man who unluckily met his stare and nervously paled his face.

"What do you think," he asked eyeing down his name tag, "Mr. William?".

Putting him right on the spotlight, Mr. William seem to panic as his breath came short. "I..", he stuttered lowering his head, "I think it's a well worth investing project".

Another dead silence.

"I agree with Mr. William", Mr. Edward added in. The attention shifted to Mr. Edward who actually have the guts to speak up his opinion. The members started to murmur silently with each other as more followers chime in to agree with the project.

"We will make more profits if there's more chains establish in every corner. Especially in this case where the property is already been brought down and sell to us at a minimum price. All we need to do is invest in building the structure of the casino", Mr. Edward explained.

All the members nodded slowly, fully persuaded with his explanation. Yet, Dylan's cold unconvinced eyes were bored into him, "Mr. Edward isn't it?".

Mr. Edward straightened his collar at the mention of his name, he silently leaned forward onto the table trying to hide his nervousness.

"Brilliant," Dylan smirked, "but I disagree".

Now everyone's following Edward as they shifted uncomfortably in their seat upon hearing his disapproval. Mr. Edward along with Mr. William eyed him confused, "Why Mr. Ace? Is there a problem with this project? I personally think it's perfectly beneficial to invest into with minimum risk".

"Beneficial," Dylan murmured grabbing a hold of his word, "Do you even know where Ridgetown is located?".

The muttering died down again, as Dylan continues to critique the project.

"Ridgetown, their median household income in that area fells below twenty thousand, fills with scums and poor". He cleared his throat, "Building a casino there will simply be a waste of time and money. There's absolutely no need to earn their meager bits. Such luxury entertainment are not affordable or even permitted to the empty pockets."

A smirked curled up his lips, "Am I right Mr. Edward?".

Mr. Edward remain speechless, if Dylan have already persisted with his point of view, then there's no reason in arguing back.

"Are we rejecting this project then?", Mr. William asked weakly.

"No, we are voiding this project", he firmly corrected.

There was more murmuring upon his decision, but once again nobody has the authority to challenge and defy him.

"Anything else anyone would like to add?" Dylan asked.

"Um, yes", a lady called who's sitting on the edge of the table. "It's not regarding the project, I was wondering what you have in mind for the upcoming Poker King contest?".

Dylan clench his jaw in annoyance, just from the mention of it. He have heard from his father before, that Poker King is an every four year event that gathers all the skillful players around the globe. The one winner who strategically surpasses all the gamblers, may earn his Poker King title as well as suitcases filled with five billion cash to take home. There were times before where it gets so intense that strict security have to restrict all type of suspicion activities that may otherwise lead to cheating or violence.

"It'll follow the same procedures as four years ago", Dylan instructed flatly, "There's nothing particular I have in mind, but we still have three months to plan and prepare".

"We would love to see you demonstrating some tricks and strategy on the table", Mr. Edward grinned to himself, "Although you're father didn't claim the title but we were all astounded by his skills".

"Indeed", the lady added in, "I believe we would be surprised with Mr. Dylan's gambling skills. I bet he have some tricks up his sleeves already".

The other members who couldn't hold back their excitement started to add in as well. It seem as though they were smiling and laughing at the meeting table when his father use to allow it. However, the chattering have caused no one to notice Dylan's stormy gray eyes to blaze angrily.

"Enough!", he demanded and silence fell over the room. "If we have no further request to be discuss then I'm taking my leave".

The members mumbled behind him, startled and confused with his sudden outburst. Dylan went straight toward the restroom, standing in front of the mirror he let out a deep exhale. Something was bothering him, he gritted his teeth, Why in the bloody hell would they host a meaningless contest like that? Ridiculous.