Chapter Fifteen

I placed my phone on top of my drawer and flung on top of my bed. I felt restless, my mind was still swirling around the lavish dinner I had today. Brandon's acting particularly nice today. I mean he have always been a typical gentleman...A smile twitched up the corner of my mouth as I recall Brandon's warming behavior today.

After a while, I finally got of the bed to take my trench coat off. For a split second, something fluttered out of my pocket. My eyes traveled down, there was a red card laying on the floor. Curious, I picked it up and flip over. It was a red heart queen with black ink written over it.
Thank you for the memorable night-B
I grinned to myself, he somehow manage to slip it into my pocket. Slick isn't he? Surely knows how to highlight a girl's day.

The following morning was the usual, I scratched my messy hair and arose from the bed. I was staring in space for awhile before I remember that I have to wake Dylan up and make breakfast. I grabbed my phone off the drawer, it was 8:50am, eight fifty!! I tossed the covers aside and slip into my slippers before running out the door.

I didn't get a chance to make him dinner yesterday..and now I've overslept to make him breakfast, he's definitely going to make me feel his wrath.

I barged into the bathroom like a maniac lady and started brushing my teeth. I did a quick tie up of my hair and hurried toward his room. I knocked three times to get no reply, so I slowly creaked open the door. To my surprise he wasn't in his room, nor was he downstairs in the dining hall. Have he gone to work already? I let out a relief, least that means I won't be hearing him criticize about my mistake. After that, I took my time changing to ugly work uniform and actually take time to fixed myself up in the bathroom.

Ever since Dylan's father left for Chicago, in fact ever since he was positioned as the new CEO, he had become extremely busy. No more of the lousy boy who hangs around the restroom to just adjust his collar, he simply doesn't have time for that anymore. The cocky and proud smirk he have framed over his lips on stage at the anniversary day, does he still feel the same now? From what I feel around him, the confidence that he have left for the audiences seem to diminish day after day. He's not himself anymore, even though he use to mock me before, but lately he have been strictly cold and distant.

***

The bus drop me off at the usual spot as I pick up my pace to work. Eight hour shift, my mind cringed as I reminded myself. I trudged in from the back door of the casino and went straight to the employee room. I ignored the chatters of the workers as they gossip among each other. Opening up my locker, I dumped in my sweater and an umbrella since it might rain tonight.

"Look what we have here!"

I don't have to turn around to figure out that sick voice. I unzip my sweater to pull out my phone to secure it in my pant pocket.

"What do you want Cassandra?" I murmured just loud enough for her to hear.

"So what's with your secret? Everyone's trying to guess where you mysteriously live at".

Her loud fake voice attracted others to end their conversation and look up at the scene.
So this is how bored these employees are. There just isn't anything better for them to talk about than making me the topic.

"That's not your concern", I stated flatly.

"She must be from the sewage", one of the guy suggested as his friend laughed hysterically.
Cassandra smirked proudly at the joke and fixed her eyes on me.

"So, tell us about it, some people said that they saw you waiting for the bus that heads toward Poker street, where wealthy households occupies".

The other employees nodded in agreement, who's that bastard that was stalking me at the bus stop? The room was silent as they waited for me to say something, but I didn't.

"Come on Hazelnut, tell us", a guy whined in a disgusted sweet voice.

I locked my locker making sure it was completely clamped shut and turned to face them. I survey through them, bunch of immature people. I laid my eyes on Cassandra who's face was caked with makeup as though she work in a circus rather than a casino.

I took a deep breath, and gave her my best death stare to hopefully shut her blabbering which causes this commotion in the first place.

"What. Do. You. Want?", I said with an firm voice for which I learned from Dylan last night. However it wasn't as effective as compare to Dylan saying it since she wasn't intimated at the least.

"Oh nothing", Cassandra said through her thick lipstick, "I just want to inform you that several bartender called off today".

She sneered as though she had successfully tricked me to fall into a trap that I'll never climb out off.

"So?", I muttered, completely unaware of what this have to do with me.

"You're very welcome, because I told the manager that Hazel Welkin from the maintenance will be more than happy to help us out".