Chapter Twenty Five

I cannot stand up against Brandon, especially when I was quite bothered with his body heat pressing close against my skin. The way his hurt green eyes studies me and his chapped lips wasn't helping either.

I took a step back.

Why would he accuse me like that? Why is he pulling Dylan into this? Then the memories strikes in to my mind like a thunderbolt splitting apart a tree. Last night...Dylan was in the hallway with me after he beat those losers up. This could only mean, Brandon did came last night after all..

"So you did came?", I muttered finally recognizing what his words means.

He clenched his jaws, tightening them to the point where his jawline become strongly defined, "Yes, but I very much regret that I did".

What a liar.

"Brandon look, it's not what you think..."

"Then why is he there?!", he interrupted before I could even finish, "Why would you call me there to make a fool of myself, when there's already a hero right in front of you?".

"No, that wasn't it Brandon. I called you first, but..it was just a coincidences. Those employees were attacking me out of nowhere. I thought Dylan wasn't going to help me out, least that's what he said at first", I reasoned, "I admit I was very grateful that he happens to be there and save me. That's all".

Despite how hard I tried to explain, my words were not convincing enough for him. Brandon averted his eyes away, refusing to even make the slightest contact.

"Brandon...please understand, I didn't mean to hurt you on purpose. I didn't schedule it up for you to witness the scene, like I said it was an coincidences. I would never hurt you like that".

He seem to be concealed inside a block of ice, no matter what I say, it wasn't enough to penetrate through. My heart was aching, this was the first time I have to argue with Brandon. He seem to have become a completely different person, a stubborn person who refuses to understand my perspectives of the story.

I swallowed hard, the room was deadly silent.
The tension was making me very uncomfortable, it's okay Hazel...no matter what, deep inside Brandon will always remains as your friend. He'll understand eventually. You have to try harder.

"I'm sorry".

There was a slight movement from Brandon, as though he just flinched upon hearing my apology.

"I'm sorry Brandon", I said much louder with deep sincere, "It was my fault for calling you out in to the rain. It was my fault you were sick. It was my fault to ask Dylan right after I called you. I really don't want to lose you, so I swear to you, there's really nothing going on with me and ..."

I didn't finish, because Brandon suddenly grab me into his arm. The smell of his cologne filled my nostrils. His arms were tightly wrapped around me, it feels ...so protective and secure. Is this a sign of forgiveness? Moisture form from the corner of my eyes, I'm getting emotional again. Tears of sheer happiness and relief slide off my cheek, damping his sweater. I'm sorry Brandon, please let us not ever have to argue again. Without thinking twice, I reached up and stretch my arm to wrap his back. The uneasiness feeling churning in my stomach before was immediately relieved as I smiled and sink into the warmth of his.

"I'm being very sore an't I?", he said softly, resting his chin slightly on top of my head.

My arms clenched tighter against his broad back, as I nodded with an tearful eye.

"You're acting like a child", I said angrily, pulling away, playfully slapping his arm.

"Ouch, Hazel", he cried rubbing his arm, "I'm still a patient".

"Serve you well!", I said breaking into a smile.

He smiled back, the familiar signature smile that only Brandon could pull off so well.

"You're such a child", I repeated softly, wiping off the remaining moisture from my cheeks and hugged him again.

He hugged me back, and for a moment I didn't want either of us to pull away. It so comforting to be pressing against his chest just below his neck.

"Hazel," he said gently, "If you haven't notice by now".
"Notice what?" I questioned, hearing his heart thumping wildly in his chest.
"After that dinner I would assume that you would've took my hint"
He hesitated for a moment, not sure how to word it out. "I ..."
I reached up and laid my fingers against his soft tender lips, "Your medicine Brandon, drink it before it gets cold".
He seem stunned for a second, but decided to go on with the new conversation.
"Yea, the medicine, totally forgot about it", he said with a faint smile.