Chapter Three

Two employees wearing velvet red bartender blouses along with their black mini skirt was peering through the opening of the ball room door.

"I don't understand Cassandra, Why are we locking her inside?"

All the guest have arrived, and the hallway was completely empty expect for the two nosy cocktail employees.

"Shh, shut up. You're new, what do you know? Of all the employees, she've been here the longest but nobody respected her..not even Mr. Ace", a dirty smile played on her lip, "For years and she's still a maintenance, what a shame".

The new employee seems uneasy as she fiddles with her finger nail.

"Seem like they're hosting an important event, will she get fired if Mr. Ace spot her?"

Cassandra gently tossed her wavy hair back, and pull up an wide reassuring smile. "Come on Stacy, we should leave now, I'm sure she'll figure a way out."

<Hazel>

I silently leaned against the wall, watching the elite guests with their lavish attires, greeting one another. The waiters were all busy walking around, serving trays of classy wines in their hand. A few couples were already performing a dance, swaying along with the music rhythm in the center of the room. As much as I tried to make myself not to stand out, a few guests still manage to noticed me awkwardly standing by the corner. But I sighed in relief as they end up ignoring it and averted their attentions away.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I hereby thanks every one of you to be able to attend Royal Casino's 40th anniversary cocktail party", Mr. Ace announced.

The guests stopped their mini conversations and shifted their attention on stage.

"With this party, I hope everyone enjoy themselves and give a taste to all my wines that I'm willing to offer".

The crowd cheered clapping their hands, holding up their wine glasses and smiling back at him.

"Now,", Me. Ace announced adjusting his mic closer to his lips. He had on a proud smile as he confidently gesture the attention to a young man standing just below the stage. "Allow me to introduce you to my son, who had just return from San Fransisco, Dylan Ace!".

I should leave. Surveying around, majority of the guest seem to have migrated closer to the stage, focusing their undivided attention to the speaker.
I bent down to grab my cleaning supplies and hastily looked for the entrance.

"Look at what we got here.."

Holding back my uneasiness, I could already felt a lump in my throat as I turned around. A group of wealthy teenagers had spotted me. Crap. What do they want? I watch in horror as the three guys in suits was advancing in my direction. Without a second thought, I quickly flee towards the entrance door but one of them swiftly gripped my arm, forcefully pulling me back.

"We're not going to bite", he smirked. He was so close to me, that I could smell the wine through his breath as I stared dead into his lust filled eyes. He bashed my vulnerable body against the concrete wall, as his two friends inches closer purposely caging me. A wicked desiring smile played on their lips.

"Come on Christian, we should have some fun with this kitty".
No! I tried to fight back, but it only seem to get their grips tighter. Not in front of the whole crowd of people!!

My mind was panicking, my body was trembling as I tried to struggle under their clench. My vision started to get blurry as moisture form from the corner of my eyes. I cried out in disgust as they tried to tug on my uniform. Multiple greedy hands reaching for my collar, roughly trying to unbutton my shirt.

<Dylan>

I surveyed the crowd, watches them applaud and gazed upon me with their idolizing eyes.

What a bunch of losers.

I straightened my collar and cleared my throat, but just before I could let out a word, someone gave an ear piercing cry from the corner of the ballroom. The distraction was enough for the crowd to instantly shifted their attentions away.

"What's happening?".

Murmurs grew from their lips, as the room suddenly fills with confusion and discontent.

A wealthy lady wearing black off shoulder dress abruptly left the crowd and clicks her heels towards the commotion.

"Christian! Get back here! Why are you playing around with that dirty woman?!".

I cocked my eyebrows, as I lean toward that direction to get a glimpse. Standing by the corner of the room was three young rotten guys, each wrapped in formal suits.

Looks Pathetic

What caught my eyes instead, was a familiar young lady huddling against the wall. Her chocolate brown eyes were filled with injustice tears as she tries hard not to break down in front of the crowds. Then the recognization hits me... it was the same employee I've meet few hours ago in the bathroom. What the hell is she doing here?

"Let me handle it", my father whispered to my ear as he gracefully strolled off the stage. I watches my father did a quick chat to smooth Christian's parent and eventually gaze toward the young employee. Not only was she already traumatized by what just happen...but the moment she notice my father focusing his attention on her, her eyes widen, somehow terrified.

"Mr. Dylan?"

Interrupted, I glanced away from the scene. My audiences was staring back at me as though still waiting for my introduction. Going along with their expectations, I casually pulled the mic closer and started talking.

Beloved Readers,
Very appreciated that you made it to the third chapter! Don't you just hate bullies like that? However, they do offer good input to the storyline nonetheless. Do you think Dylan will step out to say something?