Getting Married

A P R I L

"You're leaving me?" I asked.

"For the eve of our wedding, yes." said Kyle. "It would be bad to see the bride before, Mans."

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm staying a Will's. After the bachelor party."

My eyes widened. "Bachelor party? You mean, like, strippers and naughty shaped desserts? Balloons that look like-"

"No, Mans. A long time ago, I would've said yes to all that. But now, it doesn't appeal to me anymore."

"Then what are you doing?"

"We're going to have a lot of drinks. My last night the way things are."

"If you don't want to do this just yet, please tell me."

"Don't be ridiculous, Mandala. Of course I still want to get married, and it's not just because you're pregnant. I love you, Manda."

"I love you too, Kyle." I said. "Have fun."

He kissed me, and then bent down and kissed my small bump. "And I love you too."

Kyle headed for the door.

"Kyle, wait." I said. "Be careful."

"Don't worry, Mans. I'll be fine."

........

"You already look perfect, Manda." said Rosie. 

"I'm glad you think so," I responded.

"I mean it. You're the most beautiful bride I've ever seen."

"Your hair has gotten so long in the past couple of years." said Leah.

"And thicker," said Adeline. "much thicker." 

Rose played around with the flowers that were about to go into my hair. "I love this."

Baby's Breath. A trademark indicating the bride and groom's baby. I still wasn't necessarily showing yet, so Kyle decided it was best to announce me being pregnant tonight. I was so worried about certain people judging once they knew, but I had been through worse. Only Rose knew, since she helped me plan the wedding. I would be giving Alec a cousin, Kyle's parents their first grandchild, and Kyle's siblings a niece or nephew.

"Are you ready for this, Manda?" 

"Yeah." I said. "Kyle's the best friend I've ever had. I'm happy about becoming his wife. Where's my brother?" 

"Right here!" Elliott walked in. "You almost ready?"

"Almost."

"That dress is perfect on you." He said, his green eyes wide.