Hey Brother

A/N: If anyone is wondering who Alec is, he is Manda's brother's son. The reason why he was never mentioned in Sunlight was because I couldn't come up with a creative way to fit him in the 'script'.

....

I checked my reflection in the glass window before walking in. My brother and I had agreed on meeting at a coffee place near the studio where Kyle was. It was in case something happened and I needed him.

Elliott was already sitting at a table with his 10 year old son Alec. Neither one of them had seemed to order anything yet. I slowly walked over to pursue them.

"Look who came!" said Elliott.

"Aunt Manda!" my nephew yelled, running out to hug me. He stopped when he noticed the basketball on my stomach. "Woah! I almost forgot-"

"It's okay, son." said El. "I almost forgot too. Manda, look how big you've gotten. How far along are you?"

"Seven months, I told you yesterday."

"Oh that's right! Come, sit down!"

I carefully sat across from him at the table. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Oh nothing in particular," he said, a mischievous look on his face. "I just missed my baby sister."

"Here I am." I said.

He turned to my nephew. "Al, why don't you go buy yourself a scone."

"Okay Dad." The boy walked off.

Elliott turned back to me. "So, Dad lives in Paris. He wants to meet me and Alec, as well as you."

"How did he find you?" I asked.

"He is the leader of a gang. From what I've heard, his guys are really smart. Supposedly, the Tyree Wolves have their ways of finding people."

"So he called you?"

"Yep. And you'll never guess what's up with him. After Mum left and you were born, he remarried, and we have two little half brothers."

"Wow," I said. "That's insane."

"I know right? I'm dying to meet our family."

"Hold on," I said. "I'm not part of that family anymore. Not Mum's, and not Dad's. I've chosen which side I'm on."

"Oh yes, the one and only Simmons family. All your childhood dreams have come true, and now you forsake your own blood."

"That's not true," I said. "I care for you, and Alec, and Adeline. I love you, El. But I can't be with Susan Queen. She's a liar, and a hypocrite. I know she's my mother, but I can't take anymore of her. And I won't."

......

Kyle
It was almost time to leave the studio, I felt my phone vibrate. It was Manda.

Manda: Kyle I need you

Me: OK. Are you still at the place I dropped you off at?

Manda: Yes. Please hurry

Me: I'm on my way. I love you.

I put my phone in my pocket, pulling out my car keys.

"Where are you going?" I heard Dan asked.

"It's my wife." I said. "I have to go save her from whatever it is."

It wasn't but 5 minutes when I got there. I jumped out of my car and rushed inside. That was when I instantly noticed Manda arguing with her brother. Though 20 feet away, I could see the tears and distress on her face. I walked over and finally grabbed her hand.

She turned her face to mine. I saw the look in her eyes and felt as though I could read her mind. There you are!

"What's going on?" I asked, shifting my face between the two.

"I can't take this drama." Manda said.

"You seriously called your husband?" Elliott scowled.

"I had to." said Manda. "I don't want to be around you anymore. I knew this was a bad idea."

"Manda, let's go." I said. She nodded.

"I don't think you call shots for her." said Elliott.

"Why? Because you have all her life? Yeah, don't act like I didn't know. You can't control her any longer."

"Don't tell me what I can do. She's my sister. I watched over her five twenty five years."

"Well it's my job to watch over her now. I'm her husband."

"Yes, Elliot." said Manda. "You have no power over me, and neither does Mum."

I saw a look in his eyes. Rage. Jealousy. Frustration. "Let's take this outside."

"No, I'm taking my wife and we're leaving. You've put enough distress on her already. Let's go."

Manda and I started heading out the door. Just until we almost made it in...

"No, Manda. Stay."

"What's wrong with you, Elliott?!" said Manda.

"Get in the car, Manda." I said to her.

"Don't speak for her." said Elliot.

I balled my fist. I know that was my brother in law, but he was provoking me. He made my wife cry, which also endangered our baby. Not to mention trying to control her...

That was when Elliott balled both of his own fists. "Don't."

"Stop!" Manda yelled, getting out of the car. "Leave my husband and I alone. Kyle, please drive us away."

"Of course." I replied. And she was right. I didn't want things to get uglier than they already were.

I sat down in the driver's seat and started my jeep.

"Manda, wait." said Elliott, taking a step forward. There was the sound of something falling out of his pocket and onto the concrete.

Manda and I looked at the same time. Two pill bottles. No wonder he was acting so insane.

"Pills, Elliott? You have a problem with pills?" Manda shouted. "I knew I shouldn't have come."

.......

About two hours had passed, and that was when Dan came over. He brought his two year old with him.

"You left your phone charger at the studio." said Dan.

"Thanks," I said. "You didn't have to bring it, I would've just used Manda's."

"Actually I need to talk to you about something."

Manda
I held my arms wide open to hug Dan's little boy. "Hey Sweet Boy!"

"Manda!" He smiled wide, hugging my shoulders.

"You get bigger and bigger every time I see you."

"I'm almost three!" He held up three little fingers, his blue eyes opened wide with enthusiasm.

"I know, Adley! How's your little sister doing?"

"Abel got bigger." He said, shrugging.

"Wow, I bet so." I said.

"Yeah, she's really pretty." he said.

I smiled, stroking his dark hair.

"Mans?" I heard Kyle say. I looked behind me. "Do you mind watching him while we go somewhere? It's really important."

"Yeah, no problem."

.....

A/N: Also if you're confused about Adley and Abel, they are Dan and Rosie's kids. Adley is two and Abel is an infant.