Comedians & Godfathers

A/N: Hi so I kept thinking about how a lot of characters in other fanfictions and stories actually have faces so I thought I'd give my made up characters a profile:

I spent a while editing and putting it all together. Lemme know what you think!

.........

Manda
I stood outside of the house alone. Mailey was napping in her crib, and Kyle was in the shower. My thoughts consumed me. I was glad from the events of a few weeks before when my mother had talked to me, and I was gradually speaking to her more and more. I didn't fully trust her, but I didn't think I ever would.

Flashback
January 2005

"Mans!" I heard Kyle shout. "Man's, you're never gonna believe this!"

I turned around to see the 16 year old running behind me. "What won't I believe, Kyle?"

He started cracking up. "It's your brother! Come with me! Hurry!"

I followed him all the way to the school's auditorium. Kyle opened the doors to reveal a bunch of juniors and seniors, and my brother, on the stage, shirtless with a microphone today. Everyone was screaming at the top of the lungs, and there wasn't a teacher in sight except for my French teacher at the time.

"LEMME HEAR YA SCREAM IT!" Elliott shouted. "THIS IS THE NEW AGE! WE RUN THINGS AROUND HERE, DO WE NOT?"

"What is this?" I turned to Kyle.

"Music assembly gone wrong." he laughed.

Elliott started jumping everywhere and shouting into the microphone. He was definitely the alpha when it came to attention or comedy. I laughed a little bit. Then I pulled Kyle aside.

"You'll have to explain to me what started this."

"Actually I have a video." he said.

Everyone was yelling out Elliott Queen Rules the rest of the day. Although he got suspended, that day turned into forever. Everyone in town grew highly fond of my older brother.

When I was in school, it wasn't just my brother that ran things around there. Our high school was full of obnoxious, mischievous, dominant boys. Kyle was one of them. But no matter how crazy he acted in front of others, he always treated me differently. He was caring, selfless, and protective over me. I always thought it was because I was like a little cousin to him. How could I have been so dumb and blind back then?

Present Day

I remember that day as the day my brother became the school's legend. That eventually led him to the town's legend, to a very successful business man. And now he was a runaway.

"Mans," I heard Kyle from behind me. "Are you coming?"

"I am." I said, turning around and following him inside the house. "Is Will here yet?"

"Almost."

"I really hope he's up for the offer." I said.

"Me too. I really don't have any other friends who could or would want to accept this."

"Are you sure though?"

"Yes. Everyone is either unqualified or unwilling."

"And if Will doesn't want to?" I asked.

"Not sure."

The doorbell rang.

"I bet anything that's him." I said.

Kyle headed over and open the door. There was Will, stepping inside from the sudden rain.

"Good," said Kyle. "I was starting to think you weren't coming."

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" Will asked.

"You'd better sit down." said Kyle.

The two walked into the living room.

"Hi Manda," Will said.

"Hi Will," I said, hugging him, and then joining Kyle on the couch.

"Okay," said Kyle. "We wouldn't ask if we didn't want, and we wouldn't ask if we didn't both agree on it."

"Just ask," Will said, no expression change.

Kyle looked at me.

"Will you be Mailey's godfather?" I asked.

"Her..godfather?" his expression changed, gray eyes fully focused.

"Yes." said Kyle. "Someone to take care of her when we can't. And even if something happened to us."

"Of course," said Will. "I'd love to."

He had a look of shock on his face.

"Are you sure?" I spoke up.

I noticed tears slip out of his eyes. "Yes. Yes of course I am. I mean, I've only held her once, but I love Mailey. I do. And I would love to be her godfather."

"Good." said Kyle. "Good."

That was when I heard her crying through the baby monitor. "I'll get her."

I headed up the stairs and ran into the baby room. Mailey's crying put adrenaline in my system.

"Ssshhh." I said, picking her up and holding her close. "Hey, it's okay Mailey. Ssshhh."

She slowed down, but was still crying. I kissed her forehead. Mailey calmed down, and focused her eyes on me.

"It's okay Mailey. Wanna go see Daddy? Let's go."

I carefully carried my daughter downstairs. Kyle and Will came into my view.

"There she is," said Kyle.

He stepped close to her and kissed her little cheeks. "Did you have a good nap Mailey?"

Mailey opened her mouth put her fingers in.

"Will do you want to hold her?" I asked.

"Of course I would."

I placed Mailey into his opened arms. He took hold of her and held the baby close to his chest.

.......

When Will left, we put Mailey back in her bed. Kyle was tired, and he insisted that we close in too. He layed down first, arms wide open. I followed, snuggling my head on his chest.

"When do you have to leave next week?" I asked him.

"Tuesday." he answered.

I hid my face against his T-shirt. "I'm really going to miss you, Kyle."

"I'm going to miss you more. And Mailey."

"This really isn't fair Kyle. She was born five weeks ago. Five weeks. She loves you so much already."

"I know, Mans. I completely agree. Some people have had months before they left their child."

"Well you know I'll be waiting for you until you come back. Like always."

"But Mans, I don't want it to be like this forever. Mailey doesn't even know what's going on yet and I really don't want to mess her up."

"You won't." I said. "I'll explain it to her when she's older. She'll be alright. She loves you, Kyle, even when she was inside me."

He kissed my forehead and put his hands on my face. I kissed him hard.

"And I love her. And you." he said. "I don't know where I would be if I never went to that funeral."

.......