Second Thing's Second

A/N: Sorry for the long time updating. I had a lot going on the past week and a half and apologize.

A few days had passed, and an unexpected visitor had appeared on my doorstep.

"Andre!" I threw my arms around him as I spotted him. "The hell are you doing here!? Come in!"

"I thought I'd pay you a visit, meet your family you know."

I helped him remove his leather jacket as he stepped inside. Quickly, I placed it on the rack. "I'm glad you're here. Is it just you or did-"

"Just me." he said. "The Wolves pardoned me for the weekend, which was shocking considering I'm the chief's son."

"Umm...there's also Philippe." I said.

"Still." he said. "Is it a bad time or-"

"No, not at all." I said. "As a matter of fact, I kind of made a wish on a falling star that I'd get to see my brothers again soon. It came true."

"Falling star?" he puzzled.

"You know, like in fairytales. Have you ever seen the film Pinocchio?"

"Nah. Never."

"Too bad." I said. "Mailey and I often watch it together. It's always been my favorite."

"Where is this Mailey?"

I turned back. "Napping as of now. She'll be awake soon."

"Damn. I am burning up ready to see her."

"You will, and you'll love her." I turned my head around. "Kyle!! Get in here!!!"

I instantly heard Kyle's footsteps stomping down the staircase. "Mans! What is it?!"

"I have someone I'd like you to meet!" I said as he came into my view.

He slowly walked closer to me.

"This is my brother, Andre." I said to him. "Andre, meet my husband of one year, Kyle."

Three Hours Later...
Not long after Andre met Kyle, he finally got to meet Mailey. He had spent the remainder of the evening making her laugh and playing with her. I didn't think Andre had ever had any experience with babies before, but he was a natural uncle. Which led him to natural babysitter.

"Just go," he said. "I'll be fine."

"He's right." said Kyle. "We haven't been out together in ages."

It said a lot that Kyle had only just met the guy, and was already trusting him to watch his daughter.With that, he kissed her head one good time before both of us walked out the door. Within an hour, we were sitting across from one another at a restaurant. I was glad that it was just me and him, and not any of our friends.

"You know, Mandie, I have an idea." he said.

"What's your idea?"

"We tell each other things we've never told. You know, the stupid stuff."

"You know most of mine remember? Before age eleven and after fifteen, that was the only time you weren't around yet."

"Then tell me about that." he said. "What's something crazy you've done?"

"Well, I once ran away when I was sixteen." I admitted.

"You're kidding."

"I'm not." I said. "I had a load of anger in my system at the time, and I was sick of my family, so I simply climbed the backyard fence and hiked the woods."