Part 2 ~ Asher

It had been a good day for a hunt, warm enough for the animals to come out and dry enough to follow there tracks. We were happy with out catch - one small boar and an adult stag. It was time to take them back to Ironwrath and show off to Rodrick. He hardly came out hunting anymore - too busy reviewing the finances, even though he's always loved to hunt. Since we no longer competed in hunting I at least wanted to show him what he is missing.

My best friend Jakob trailed beside me, trudging through the forest, with a smile on his face, happy with our catch. We were joking and singing as we walked. We had been close as brothers since birth, grown up side by side as Jakob spent more time here than back home. The Raesides where a lesser norther house, pledged to us Forresters and the Starks. Now, he had taken up a role at master of hunt, and commander of the Forrester guard and stayed permanently at Ironwrath. Like me, he was the second born of his house with no cares for duty and responsibility. We spent most of our time hunting, drinking, fighting and misbehaving. He was quick with a sword and smooth with the girls, but not as quick or smooth as me.

I could see Ironwrath coming closer and closer to us. We sauntered onto the courtyard proud to display the animals. The other hunters and the hounds followed in behind in a cheery mood. Lea the hunters daughter came over to help remove our armour and gear. I gave her a cheeky grin as did Jakob.

"Thanks Lea, maybe you could help me remove more later, in my chambers?" - I said, seducing her into a blush. She could only giggle and smile in response.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Rodrick, scowling down at us shaking his head with disapproval. He was stood on the steps outside the great hall with Maester Kworl.

"Brother!" - I yelled as I jogged towards them, arms open and a grin on my face. I had left Jakob to sweet talk Lea some more.

"Ash, looks like a successful hunt. It's time for supper, your late! For once your not the last, Isabel, Rickon and Prim have not returned. I've sent some guards but I would feel better I you went. You know there hiding spots. Now hurry, mother and father are waiting and they have had a Raven, with important news." - Rickons response was stern and quick. Little emotion and more of a command than a conversation. As he finishes he nodded, tapped his hand against my shoulder as if to send me away.

I jogged back into the forest for a good fifteen minutes before I heard the screams. My eyes shot up trying to figure out which direction they were coming from. I should have grabbed my bow. Another scream pierced the air, I began running towards the impending threat.