Part 12 ~ Asher

Isabel had been brought back alive and well last night. Father was just pleased to see her home safe, he had let her off with less than a slap on the wrist. Mother on the other hand had been hounding Isabel all morning about how reckless she had been. Poor Issy just stood and took it. She had not been aloud to leave mothers chambers this morning, they were trying to decide wether or not to continue with this marriage to Renly.

Last night I had saddled my horse to look for her, but when I returned to my room to grab my cloak and boots .... I don't know. All I know is I woke up the next morning when Rodrick found me lying on the floor face down, dripping blood from my nose and ears. I don't remember how, all I remember is my dreams, of war and misfortune. I recall the clear burning of the Forrester banner on a battlefield. Then I remember the taste of blood, the whispering animals in the forest, the damp smell of leaves and Isabella scent. I don't know how I knew it was her, but I followed it.l, and it lead me to her. In the dark Forrest she was a beacon of light. Overcome with relief and happiness I pounced at her.
Next thing Rodrick is shaking me, shouting my name, calling for the Maester

We had bigger problems now, Robb had told me about Jakob's actions last night, and I shared with him about the night in the stables. "I made sure she wasn't yours anymore, thats what he said Ash" Robb confided in me, as we sat for our breakfast. He was confused, hurt and betrayed by his friend, as was I. Jakob, he was my brother, a good man usually. But love made him spiteful and bitter.

"We need Rodrick, he will know what he meant." Robb agreed and we set off to find Rod.

He was in the courtyard watching Bran shooting arrows with Jon, when he saw us he instantly knew something was going on.

The four of us, now including Jon, took a walk thought the God's wood to the weirwood tree, there we filled in Rod and Jon.

"Renly, he is talking about Renly. Father never discussed it with me, but what if its because he was discussing it with Jakob. He has planned it all, he will go to King's Landing with them until they marry, and then Jakob would take Isabel back to Storm's End. Alone. Father had no reason to suspect Jakob had sinful intentions" Rodrick explained.

None of us surprised, but all of us angry.

"So... How do we get rid of Jakob, and stop the wedding?" I proposed.