Part 18 ~ Rodrick

Asher was asleep in his bed, his breathing laboured and harsh, his brow heavy with sweat, he was tossing around distressed, but would not wake.  A fever the maester had said, but I knew my brother. This was the longest nightmare he had ever had, and it was terrifying me just as much. I watched him intensely, every breath, every movement. I didn't even notice Robb come in, he put his hand on my shoulder. He was looking better, after carrying Asher back from the forrest he was struggling to breath from shouting for help. I had found him on his knees, after hearing his calls, in the courtyard, panting for air, unable to breath. Asher was next to him, almost dead by the looks of things.

"I need to talk to you urgently" Robb's voice was serious and concerned "theres been a raven from King's Landing."

Moment later in the great hall.

King Robert Baratheon was dead. Killed by a boar while hunting. His son Jeoffrey would succeed him, and Sansa would become this wife and queen. But that was not all... Lord Eddard Stark had been arrested on charges of treason. False charges. Robb was livid, storming around  the great hall. Myself and Theon sat at the table with Maester Luwin.

"I have been summoned to King's Landing to pledge fealty to Jeoffrey, to bend the knee while he imprisons my Father." Robb was filled with rage and animosity.

"What of my sisters Robb?"

"There was another raven from Renly my Lord Stark, that was my next point to discuss." Maester Luwin was a gentle old man, her had a honest heart and loved serving the Starks. Robb nodded at him to continue, his arms crossed leaning one arm to his chin, tapping his finger against his lip. He was concentrating hard, as his next move could change the future of his House.

"King Renly Baratheon, first of his name and his Queen Isobel Baratheon have requested you to come to Storm's End, bend the knee and overthrown the tyranny of the Lannisters. A representative of House Forrester is required to join the King's council to discuss the new royal army and resource."

"They are married? Truly?" Asher was standing in the door, holding onto his side, looking rather unwell. I jumped up and ran to his side. "I am alright brother." Ash shook me off, too proud to accept help. He came and sat at the table, Robb rose for a moment, his face twisted in unknown thought, he leaned both arms heavy on the table.

" Call the banners. We are going to war. Asher can you ride?" Ash nodded, although I was not convinced. "Asher you will go and join Isabel, and report to me."

"If the Lannisters want there boots licked, I will come to Kings's Landing, with the whole of the north behind me." Robb was bold, powerful and brave. Mostly running on anger, for fear of his father and sisters, and the loss of Isabel.

"Robb what are we meant to do? What if Renly asks for the Forrester army? Thats almost half your men?!"

Robb was thinking hard - his face as torn as he was inside.

"Some men will need to stay behind. We just need to hope Renly hasn't taken count."

"Or Jakob hasn't told him" Asher spoke up, the thought sent a chill down my spine.

" Which House has the second biggest number of Forrester men?" Robb questioned.

"That would be the Raesides, Jakobs house, but what's to stop them from joining Renly?" I replied still unclear of Robb's plan.

"Well need to make an alliance that's how"