Part 3 ~ Prim

I never understood why Isabel always ran about the forest when she could stay warm in the castle, knitting, drawing and reading. That's what I thought ladies were supposed to do! Her long wavy blonde hair always ended up in knots and with leaves sticking out. Which made mother very frustrated. I was lucky enough too, to match Isabell and my mother's thick blonde hair. Unusual as my father and brothers all had black hair. Isabel was slim but carrying and wrestling with Ryon had made her strong. She was pretty, smart, artistic and so kind. She loved to ride and was great with animals. This was everything I wanted to be when I grow up. I plait my hair the same, wear similar dresses and love to be with her!

There are things I wish she wouldn't do! Like running in the iron wood, training swords with our brothers, shooting bow and arrows. I already have three brothers, and Jakob always around. I don't need my sister acting like them too! I loved having Jakob around, he is always kind to me and even calls me princess!

"Isabell! Can you please come out now I'm tired and Ryon is bored! It's no fun if we can't find you!" - I yelled, frustrated and dragging my feet in the mud looking for Issy.

Too busy rubbing my eyes I never saw Isabel come out in front of me and I tripped right into her. Not expecting her, I let out a scream and grabbed onto her. She also got a fright jumping back and tripping against a tree and landing on the ground. Ryon coming running over and also tripped, knocking me into the ground and forcing another scream out my lungs.

As I rubbed my head, I realised I was lying over Isabel who was laughing, as was Ryon.

"This is not funny, my dress.... MY DRESS! It's ruined!" - I saw the mud all down the front of my dress and stomped my foot in anger.

Asher cane running over, out of breath and obviously worried.

"What's going on? I've been running about look for you three!" - it took him a minute to get his breath back. It must be dinner time as the sun was beginning to set in the forest. Asher picked up Ryon and put him on his shoulders. Isabell helped me up and dusted off my dress. We headed back to Ironwrath laughing and joking.