Part 6 ~ Asher

The music was playing, the fire roaring and the wine flowing in the great hall. The atomsphere was alive and welcoming. I was sat next to Robb, Jon, Theon, Jakob and Rodrick , sharing stories of our hunts, as if we had been trudging through the mud together , tracking a boar, only yesterday. I had missed Robb and Jon, they were good lads and great to have around. Theon I wasn't as bothered about he was always too cocky for my liking and tried to make everything a competition. As if he could beat me! Rodrick was enjoying himself, he looked relaxed, like his old self.

At the other end of the table Isabel was surrounded by the girls, Sansa, Arya and Prim. They all looked up at her beaming, hanging on to every word she said. Isabel looked stiff and uncomfortable. Not about the girls, she had been like this since we arrived. I could sense it when we sat down, after all she was my twin. She was watching the girls, but wouldn't allow herself to look anywhere else in the hall.

Father and Lord Eddard where laughing loudly and spilling there ales everywhere as they shared stories from there youth. Everyone was just so happy, apart from Isabel. I watched her stand up and excuse herself. She wandered over to our parents and asked to be allowed to check on Storm. Sometime Asher worried Isabel loved her horse more than she loved her family. I let her leave the hall and began to follow her out. The men didn't even notice me go and just continued to eat and drink.

It was cold outside, I could see my breath forming infront of my face. I could hear the faint music drifting from the hall. I could hardly see straight, definetly drunk. There wasn't many people around, the odd servant or drunk guest looking for somewhere to relieve themselves. I made my way to the stable, I could see Isabell brushing Storm, speaking calmly to him. Another shadow followed her in.

I moved closer concerned, although curious when I heard an familiar voice.

"Isabell, what are you doing out here? I know something is wrong... you know you can trust me" Jacob consoled Isabel. She just turned around and buried her head in his chest. Not out of the ordinary, they were like family after all. "hey, hey, don't get upset now, I can help you" he continued, his voice soft and caring. Isabel was crying, clearly unhappy.

What happened next filled Asher with anger and confusion. But he was too drunk, he began to stumble away, he walked straight into a post and fell backwards, hitting his head. And sleep came quickly.

His dreams that night were filled with replays of what he had witnessed in the stable.

As Isabell looked up, tears in her eyes. Jakob wanted her, he knew that look. He had seen it a hundred times with other girls. Not with his sister but. Jakob tilted her chin and kissed her, wrapping his arms around her waist, lifting her slightly to his height. They kissed for a moment before she pulled away.

The only thing she said was "Seven hell! That did not help!"