Chapter 11

❤❤❤

Hyun mi's POV

"Have you told our manager yet?" Cindy asked while she's curling her hair.

Jin miraculously asked Cindy out for dinner tonight. Even though she's not showing it, the excitement she feels is written all over her face. Hera and Sunny started crying the shiz out of them when I told them about my illness. Cindy just calmed them down and told them that I was going to be okay. We all ended up staying here in Cindy's room, they said they wanted to spend time with me since they seem to always stress me out before and I really appreciate it.

"Yeah, they've been so worried. Mngr.
Lee even teared up. Are you sure you three are okay if I take a long rest? I know you can do it," I asked them.

"Hyun mi, it's fine. Your health is your priority. We'll do our best to continue what we've started," Sunny reassured.

"And by the time you're back, it will feel like you never even had cancer," Hera gave me a warm smile.

"I sure am lucky to have you," I returned their smiles.

I checked the time on my watch and it's time for me to go schedule my surgery. Ji ni said she'll be with me there since they're filming in that same hospital. Despite her busy schedule she always makes sure she has time for me.

---

"So, do you wanna eat?" Ji ni asked once we stepped out of the hospital.

"I'm thinking of rice and roasted chicken," I suggested.

"Let's go then," she clapped her hands and started to drive.

I've been back to my normal state. Being depressed over something I can fight is really not my thing. I'd rather be happy than sulk about this. It is what it is. Tonight, I'm going to tell Jimin. I know he'll be more than happy to stick with me. It's so hard to hide it from him for almost two weeks. I know I should've told him earlier but I just couldn't get myself to, now I'm ready.

Dr. Harry scheduled my surgery on the second week of December. He said it would be best if the surgery is done earlier. I checked the date today and it says October 28. He gave me a month to prepare and I think that would be enough to finish my last solo album before I have my leave. Mngr. Lee told be not to go to work already but something inside me just wants to finish this solo album.

After we finished eating, Ji ni went back to her set after dropping me off on my old flat. When I opened my door, rose petals are all over the floor. Candles are lit too making a trail. I followed it and made my way into the balcony and saw Jimin standing there. I smiled at him and can feel my heart flutter at the very presence of him.

"Good evening Ariah," he greeted and I can't hold back my giggles.

"Good evening Park Jimin," I greeted back.

When I'm already right infront of him, he cupped my face and kissed me on the lips. Our foreheads touching, I looked into his eyes and they're shining. The candles around being reflected in his beautiful eyes.

"Miah, I can't really express how thankful I am that you've become part of my life," he said.

Why do I feel like he's about to do something?

"You made me feel things I've never felt. You made me feel perfect and special. I can't imagine living this life without you," he continued.

Then he kneeled on the floor infront of me and pulled out a velvet red box from his pocket.

What? No Jimin please, not now. Not when I am all ill and you don't know anything about it. I don't want you to feel like I'm keeping things from you.

"Miah, will you marry me?" he's proposing.

Get your shit together Hyun mi!

Fuck this isn't what I wanted to happen tonight. I'm suppose to tell him about my cancer, my surgery. No why are you doing this now Jimin?

He's looking up at me expectantly and when I held his shoulders and help him stand up, I can clearly see in his eyes the confusion.

"I'm sorry Jimin b-but I'm not ready yet," I stuttered.

No! I badly wanted to say yes. I would love to marry you Jimin. Just, not now.

"I'm so sorry," I started to cry.

"No, no Miah. I should be the one sorry here," he quickly hugged me.

I just sobbed in his chest, my head is already throbbing. Please not today fucking brain!

"I'm sorry for this mindless shit I did. I should've known you're not ready," he said softly.

No Jimin please, stop apologizing. This isn't your fault. My head started to throb so bad, my vision is getting darker and darker.

"Jimin," I whispered.

He let go of me and pulled me at arm's reach. His eyes are searching mine in worry and then I'm out again.

---

"Jungkookah, where are you?" I heard Jimin talking.

I am laying here in my bed and his back is turned against me while he's sitting on the side of the bed.

I can still feel a slight pain in my head so I wasn't moving at all. I just closed my eyes and try to make the pain stop but it's not helping. Where are my fucking pills?

"I know, she passed out. I don't think she'll wake up anu sooner now,"

"Know about what?" my heart started pounding, no please don't tell him.

"Know her schedule? I do actually," I sighed in relief.

After their conversation was finished, I tugged at his shirt and he immediately looked my direction. He held my hand in his lap and kissed my forehead.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

I still feel bad for rejecting his proposal but I know I can't just blurt it out right now.

"Good," I answered him.

The warmth of his hand calming down my nerves. I just stared at him embarassingly and kept fidgeting with my hands.

"Miah, it's fine. You don't have to feel bad about it. I understand that you're not ready. And I will wait until you are," he kissed my lips.

I smiled at him and hugged him. I know he's just telling me these words, I know he's hurt and disappointed. I am too. I just hope that when I tell him my cancer, he'll still look at me the same way he's looking at me now.

•••

I just can't 😥😥

- Haeun ❤