Chapter 29

❤❤❤

"Will you stop apologizing already?" she mused.

I can't, I know I can't. Seeing her like this makes me blame myself more.

"I should've been with you, I'm so sorry baby," I lowered my head.

We're now seated on her bed. Our backs against her headboard, we're now warm under her duvet. My arms wrapped around her. She's resting her head on my shoulder.

"What matters now is that you're here with me," she snuggled closer.

I kissed the top of her head and she hummed in satisfaction.

"It's late baby, you should sleep," I run my hand up and down her arm.

We stayed like this for about an hour now nd I know she's exhausted.

"Stay until I fall asleep then?" she looked up at me.

"I'm not going anywhere," I smiled at her.

I guided her to lay down and kissed her forehead.

"Good night," I whispered to her.

"Good night," she answered back as she closes her eyes.

I let her sleep in my arms and find myself stare at her ceiling. I listen to her stable breathing, hugging her close to me. She's no longer as warm as I remember her to be. She gets cold faster than before so I pulled her blanket up her neck.

She's now deep in slumber and I decided to go talk to Jungkook. I don't want to ask Miah because I know I might bring back bad memories to her.

I gently pulled my arm away from her neck and tucked her in. I closed the door behind me gently and was met by Taehyung's angry stare. He kept on glaring at me as I saunter to Jungkook who's carrying a baby. It's still all confusing to me and I need answers. Taehyung shifted and looked the opposite direction.

"Her name's Miah, our daughter," he said. The baby in his lap looked up at me. Her warm hazel eyes staring deeoly into mine, her paired dimples popping.

"Your daughter?" my brows furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah, me and Chaeyoung," he nodded.

"She's not my fucking daughter Park Jimin," Taehyung said through gritted teeth and rolled his eyes probably at my stupidity.

So he was talking to Chaeyoung that day on his phone.

"Why haven't anyone told me about this?" I asked in dismay.

"We respected Hyun mi's decision on not telling you. We were all against it but it's what she wants. She wanted you to come here yourself hyung. She waited for you and held on to her dear life for your sake. You know her, she's stubborn and-" Jungkook trailed off shutting his eyes close and groaned in frustration.

"What he wants to say Jimin is that, Hyun mi wants you to come here without you knowing. To see if you still need her. But apparently, you decided to be a dickhead and dated Dahyun for fuck's sake," Taehyung spit out.

I winced at his words because I knew I was being stubborn and a total dumbass.

"We never cheated on you Jimin. She kept on fainting and vomiting because of her cancer," Taehyung said still looking at the opposite direction.

Cancer?

"Cancer?" my throat started constricting again.

"Brain cancer hyung, stage 4,"

I looked at Jungkook who's still holding Miah in his lap. My eyes started to water again so I had to wipe it away quickly before it rolls down my cheek.