Chapter 22

❤❤❤

Hyun mi's POV

"Hello Hyun mi, how are you?" Dr. Harry smiled at me.

I just bore my gaze at him. His tattoed arms are showing and his green eyes so clear. Two different nurses came in and smiled at me adjusting my oxygen tube in my nostrils.

The other one started preparing the needles and IV bags. Jungkook opted for the injection of the drug on my IV tube. This way, it won't take as much time compared to another surgery. Infusion would be the best way to go for my situation. The nurse started checking my vital signs and brought out a shaver.

"Sir, we strongly advice to shave her hair. This way, it'll be easier to manage future traumas the patient might experience. Only if you're agreeing with us," the nurse said.

Jungkook looked at me and sighed.

"Please do what's best for her," he said resigned.

I don't really care if my hair gets shaved off. I am nervous though but Chaeyoung beside me who's been constantly holding my hand keeps my panic at bay.

Goosebumps started to show on my skin once the razor buzzed on. Then I felt the cold metal dragging through my head leaving the my scalp cold as it goes. I felt my hair grazing my arms as it falls down on the floor. Chaeyoung is the one being emotional at this, probably because she's pregnant and all.

I just stayed still until I'm completely bald. Chaeyoung touched my face and smiled at me.

"You're still beautiful Hyun mi," she encouraged though I know I look like a bald corpse now.

The nurse inserted the IV on my left arm. At first, it felt just like the normal IV that has been attached to my right hand but it gradually became painful, burning even.

I feel a bit nauseous and started to make gagging sound. The nurse immediatly grabbed a bin and I vomitted everything I ate this morning. The burning sensation went away and it all feels numb again.

I should get used to this. I know they'll come every 4 weeks. That'll be enough rest for me until the next chemo session. The drug that's been passing throughout my body will kill the cancer cells but I know will kill me at the same time.

Jungkook let me wore a white beanie with a brown fur ball.

"That'll keep you warm," he smiled but I can already see his eyes begin to bawl.

We waited until the bag is empty. The nurse once again pulled out the needle from my arm and secured it with cotton and surgical tape.

"Continue to give her her pills and feed her just the exact amount of food. This is a good response from a patient for her first session. She'll be fine for now," he said after packing up.

He just doesn't know I felt really really nauseous. It hurts everytime I feel the fluid run pass the needle to my arm. I hate how it feels but I must endure.

I will wait.

Jungkook's POV

I went out the room after I let her wear the white beanie. Seeing her like that clenches my heart so bad. Once I got out of the room, tears started to spill. I clutched my chest in agony as I try to not make a sound.

I can tell that she's feeling pain from that first session because her eyes expresses so well. It must be so painful that you're not even able to express it. When tears started to accumulate in the corner of her eyes, I needed to look away.

The sight of her in pain drives me insane. I wish we could switch places just so she won't have to go through this. I don't know what's been running in her mind. This is just too frustrating. She used to be so talkative and now, all we get are her eye movements. Will she still go back to her old self? I miss my jolly sister so much.

I felt Chaeyoung's hand cup my face as she lifts my head to look at her.

"She's doing great Jungkook. Everything will be fine. I'm sorry if you both need to go through this," she comforted.

"Thanks babe," I said and hugged her tightly.

"You two are strong babe, and I'll always be here if you need me," she said gently stroking my hair.

"I can't leave like this. I can't leave Hyun mi behind," I said in our hug.

Our comeback is nearing and I need to go back to Seoul in two days.

"That's why I'm here babe. I agreed to move here not just because we're having a baby but because I want to be of help to you. I'll be staying here with her. I promise, everything will be fine," she pulled me at arm's reach and stroked my face gently.

"And for the record, you're doing a great job at being her parents and brother at the same time," she nodded reassuringly.

I smiled at her words. This is what keeps me going. I love this beautiful woman infront of me. My hand reached down to her slightly swollen tummy and rubbed it gently.

"How come I'm already inlove when I didn't even see your face?" I cooed at our child inside her tummy.

Chaeyoung chuckled and placed her hand on top of mine.

"I can't wait to see our baby," she said gently.

"Our baby will be perfect," I smiled and planted a soft kiss on her tummy.

I straightened up and kissed her on the lips before going back in. She followed me behind. Hyun mi's now asleep but the IV is still in.

"Just let her sleep for now, her chemo session will be over in 10 minutes," the nurse said.

"I'm bringing back these blood samples to Seoul and see if cancer cells are already spread widely. I hear murmuring in her heart and that's not a good sign Jungkook, a small tumor might've already been growing inside but let's just hope for the best," Dr. Harry said as he fixes his coat.

"Yes doctor, thanks," I bowed and he went ahead.

Another illness, please don't let her suffer more. She's gone through enough.

•••

Dr. Harry is literally Harry Styles lmao. I still am inlove with him 😂😂

- Haeun ❤