Epilogue

❤❤❤

She looks at her reflection on the salon's mirror infront of her. Her hand smooths the top of her head. Besides the dark under eye circles she have, she feels a bit put together now.

"You think it suits me?" she asked the hairdresser who just cut her long hair into a shorter one that grazes her shoulders.

"Yes it does dear," the middle aged woman said in approval.

She stood up satisfied at her new hairstyle. She thought maybe a new haircut would help her start again. She made her way to the counter and paid. She exited the salon waving good bye to everyone inside. When she opened the door, spring breeze instantly filled her senses. She inhaled deeply filling her lungs with fresh spring air.

Her long hair bothered her everytime she cooks dishes in the 5 star hotel she's working at so having her hair cut this short lessens the hassle. A car is immediately parked infront of her. The window rolled down revealing her brother dressed in a tuxedo. She could've been impressed but the lipstick stain on his white collar made her roll her eyes.

"Get in noona, your new sous chef has just arrived," (sous chef - sue chef // assistant chef, second in command)

She opened the passenger's door and buckled her seatbelt.

"I hate your fucking haircut noona," her brother didn't hesitate to express his disgust at the new hairstyle his sister just got.

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook! Will you watch your filthy mouth," she warned him.

"De, Chef Hyun mi," he playfully said to his sister.

Jungkook drove off fast to the restaurant and once they arrived, Hyun mi immediately changed into her chef's uniform, wore her clog shoes, fitted the hair net on her head and placed her black toque on top of her head. She quickly washed her hands and started to look around the busy kitchen. Jungkook made his way to the front office as he attempts to clean off the lipstick stain on his collar.

One of the chefs handed her her black apron and she quickly tied it around her waist. She looked around and noticed that some of the ingredients aren't still chopped. The ones who were incharge of the mis en place is probably late again.

(mis en place - mis en plas // set up)

"Why isn't anyone touching those fucking ingridients? Do you suppose they'll fucking cube themselves?!" she yelled in agitation.

Everyone in the kitchen rushes to do what she was angry about.

She walked around and pulled out a spoon to taste the couldron being simmered in a thick pot. Her brow raised in fury when she realized that the soup isn't seasoned yet.

"Kim Seokjin! Why isn't the soup not seasoned yet?! Are you going to serve that to your guest bland?!" she shoved the salt on Jin's chest.

She went back to the mis en place station and helped with the chopping of the ingredients. She pulled out her chef's knife and started chopping the vegetables quicker than Namjoon beside her who's struggling to minc the onion.

The sound of the knife making contact with the chopping board tenses him. He's intimidated by their executive chef.

"Calm your shit down Namjoon, it's just me," she sensed his uneasiness.

"Yes chef," he responded.

He immediately released a sigh of relief as he finishes what he was doing. Hyun mi chopped the vegetables in no time and proceeded to cook the first main course.

"Where is that sous chef they hired?" she asked in annoyance at the absence of her new assistant chef.

She just fired her last sous chef because he tried to cook drunk. She nearly chopped off his hand.