1 | Rearrangement Day

It would be a stressful day, and you knew it.

Living in Seoul for a long enough time, the bustling crowds, the energy of impatience and the need to rush had taught you that, every day would be as stressful as the other.

But today was going to be worse, and you could practically feel the bad energy vibrating in your bones. You felt nervous, jittery and anxious, strong, large butterflies swarming in your stomach. The fact that you knew today was going to be stressful made you feel even worse.

Even though you had worked your butt off these past few years, you had never been chosen for 'rearrangement day'. Apparently, your boss favored people with good family backgrounds and fully Korean people, and these aspects you couldn't work hard to be.

Being a foreigner to any country isn't easy. But being one in Seoul? Even worse. Not only do most people have the same complexion, skin tones, and hair colors, but their way of speech, the way they held themselves, just couldn't be replaced or copied.

No matter how fluent your pronunciation got, no matter how hard you tried to act like them, it never worked. You still got weird gawks from people, and they were always shocked to find out you could speak fluently. You tried to grow immune to these sorts of reactions, but it still bothered you a bit.

However, just a few days ago you had received the most exciting news ever, one that you hadn't been planning on getting for a long, long time. The expensive looking, thick letter indicated that you were one of the chosen people for this special rearrangement day.

A smile spreads itself on your face when you recall the day you received this letter, how you had been screaming and jumping around with your work pal, Minhee. The two of you had gone out for a round of drinks and mischief to celebrate, making embarrassing memories of your drunk dancing and drunk giggles.

With the large smile still on your face, you pick up your purse, taking one last look in the full-body mirror in your closet. Eyes glossing over your outfit, you feel satisfied to find that the tight fitted dress you had chosen hugged your figure to perfection, paired up with a black blazer to enhance the colors and make the dress less sexual.

Dabbing on the littlest amount of perfume, you head out of your home. 

The streets of Seoul were always busy, filled with never-ending streaks of people dashing by to reach their destinations. Thankfully, your office was only a ten-minute walk away from your home, meaning you could save money from not taking transportation and do exercise. A win-win situation for you.

Drawing in a deep breath, you breathed in the familiar scent of warm coffee as you entered the office. Walking into the meeting hall, you felt your heart race in your chest as you watched people chatter and take their seats. Plopping down into a spare chair, you sat and patiently waited for your best friend to arrive.

Just as expected, a few minutes later, a joyful and giggly Minhee enters the room along with a stream of people who were just on time for the meeting. "Y/N!" She squeals, walking over to your side and embracing you in a tight hug. "I'm so scared," You whisper in her ear, nervous excitement filling your voice.

Minhee leans back from the hug, cupping your face in her hands, she gives your cheeks a soft squish and pouts at your fearful expression. "Don't worry so much, Y/N-ah," She says softly, breaking into a grin, sparks of excitement fluttering in her eyes. "I'm sure you did fine, hope we can get in the same department!"

You shoot her a weak smile, unable to keep up to her level of enthusiasm with the worry eating you alive. Minhee pats your shoulder before heading to her seat a couple of chairs down from yours. Frowning at your negative expression, she shoots you a finger heart, earning a couple of disgusted stares from your colleagues.

Fidgeting with your fingers, you felt yourself get more anxious by the minute, anticipating the moments that were about to come. Finally, after what felt like forever, the CEO, Sungmin, steps into the room, causing everyone to hush down. Standing up along with your colleagues, you bow.

He waves at you all, a signal to be seated. When everyone has sat down again, he clears his throat before starting to speak. "Good morning, everyone-"

The door was busted open again, making heads turn to face the cause of the noise. In came a young man, who hastily bowed to the CEO before walking to his seat, muttering a "mornin'". The strange man takes a seat and you hold your breath, not sure how your boss would take it.

Instead of chewing his head off, the CEO shoots him a light glare but doesn't say anything rude. It was obvious that he was of importance in position, or else you were sure Sungmin would be at his throat. "Mr. Park," He says through clenched teeth, "We're delighted to have you in attendance today."

Mr. Park?  You thought with a frown before it hit you who this man was.

Park Jimin. The infamous fuckboy of the company, who was constantly gushed over, as there was more news of gossip about him every day. He was famous for doing things to some of your female colleagues, who talked of it as though it were a treatment reserved only for loyalty.

Said man was dressed in a plain button-up shirt, which he still somehow managed to rock. A few of the buttons near the top were undone as 'fashion'. Tight leather pants fitted his thick magestic thighs perfectly, and he wore a simple black jacket to finish the look. Your eyes trailed up to his face, breath catching at his plump lips and mochi-white skin which resembled that of an angel.

Trying not to stare, you shake off your thoughts and redirect your attention back to the CEO.

"In today's meeting, we will be discussing the raises and opportunities for this company," Sungmin said loudly, staring down at the paper he was holding. "There will be a few people changing departments, and others being moved into different ranks. These will be done according to your hard work this year, and what the important members have to say about your rankings."

Yeah, surely it's done because of our hard work, and not because of our backgrounds. You thought bitterly to yourself. But nevertheless, you still anticipated the news of where you would be sorted.

"Now without further ado, let's begin" Sungmin sighs, sipping his coffee.