8 | Hospital

Jimin was rushed off to the hospital, your worry and anger increasing by the second. 

So, he gets thrown out of a shop, hits his head on a pole, bleeds everywhere, makes you worry like crazy, and can't even explain himself but utter a "sorry"?

What the hell is that supposed to mean? And what was he apologizing for?

But the anger you felt towards him was nothing compared to what you felt towards yourself. You couldn't wrap your head around why you cared.

He's just a typical mean department head, and you're just an employee, who, typically, hated him with a burning passion.

So why was it that every time you saw him, your heartbeat would increase slightly, as much as you tried to deny it. And you couldn't help but feel drawn to him, in a sense that made you feel like you wanted to be more than just mere friends.

Daehyung went to the hospital with you, looking more confused than ever. You didn't blame him, but you didn't explain anything to him either, as you were just as confused yourself.

And he must have felt the fumes of anger rolling off you because he didn't say nor question anything either, staying silent.

You were also partially mad because you had to ditch your ice cream cones when the ambulance arrived, mainly because you couldn't eat it in cars, and you wanted to check on Jimin's condition.

And that didn't help your hatred towards him, as no one ever stops you from eating your beloved ice cream. No one.

As you sit impatiently at the hospital chairs, with Daehyung rubbing your knuckles to calm you down, a worried expression on his face, a nurse came out of the room where Jimin was temporarily housed in.

You practically shot out of your chair, feeling your patience break as she came over. "Is he okay? Are there any injuries? What happened to him?" You demand, questions rolling off your tongue faster than the poor nurse could reply.

You knew you seemed like an unfair and short-tempered person at that moment, but you were impatient for answers. You needed them.

The nurse didn't seem to be fazed by your ill manner, though. Instead, she smiled reassuringly before talking. "Your friend was very lucky he didn't hit the lower region of his brain, or his condition would've been worse. He should be free to go soon, as there is no internal bleeding, and only some skin was scraped." 

You feel your shoulders slump slightly in relief as the nurse continues.

"Remember to help him change the bandages once a day, and make sure to be careful while you wash the area with injuries. He won't be able to do it himself, so you need to take care of him well." With a wink, the nurse wanders off before you say anything, obviously assuming you were a loved one to Jimin.

But you didn't blame her. Who else would rush instantly to the hospital to check up on a complete stranger? None but a loved one, of course.

Maybe I could contact his parents or his girlfriend. You think, automatically assuming that he had a girlfriend. Surely, a handsome guy like him has a girlfriend. Surely.

"I'll go in and check on him, okay?" You tell Daehyung, who merely nodded encouragingly at me, before grabbing his phone. You feel bad, seeing as Daehyung was the sweetest guy ever, willing to help you on this. You promise yourself that you'd treat him to something later.

Holding your breath as you walk into Jimin's hospital room, your heart breaks slightly at the disheartening figure of Jimin, who looks weak and fragile, so in need of someone. Sighing as you walk over to him, you inspect how he looks.