38 | You Are The Reason [ END ]

"If you need to fall, fall on that fat ass."

-

You wrenched up your face into one of confusion, disgust, and surprise. Was Jimin actually being serious with you, or was he making one of the cruddiest jokes in history?

Seeing your baffled expression, Jimin couldn't suppress his laughter as he broke down in front of you, and you barely managed to hold on as he started to shake with laughter. "Yah, Jimin! Are you being serious or what? And I'm gonna fall!" You yelled, starting to get worried about your stability as you felt yourself begin to wobble.

"Well, I guess we're gonna have to test that out, won't we?" He said, forcing you to release him as he pushed you lightly, making you fall backward. Screaming the whole time, you fell backward, exactly onto your butt as Jimin had directed.

Surprisingly, the impact wasn't as bad as you had expected. Sure, your butt hurt a bit, but only for a few seconds, before you felt fine again. You turned your head upward to look at Jimin with a questioning gaze.

Jimin had stopped laughing by now, to make sure you were okay. When he saw that you weren't crying or whining in pain, his lips stretched into a Cheshire cat-like grin. "See, I told you so," He sang, crouching down to grin smugly in your face.

Jimin gets back up and holds out his hands for you to grasp onto. You get up unsteadily and you hold onto him for support. After several grunts and fails, you manage to get back up and steady yourself. "Now that we've covered all the basics," Jimin says, still holding you tightly. "We can officially start skating now!" His grin widens more, eyes crinkling into crescent moons.

Your heart does a summersault, reminding you that not only had you just fallen onto your ass but for the amazing man in front of you too.

Jimin once again skates behind you, and grabs onto your arms, spreading both of them out, the motion oddly reminding you of that Titanic scene as he grabs onto your waist. "Ready?" He whispers against your skin. You nod, as you slowly slide one foot out.

Jimin follows your motion, making a sound of approval as you move your other foot out, starting to skate properly though slowly. "That's right, remember, zig-zag motion, and I've got you, so you won't fall."

Continuing to skate over the ice, you're surprised to find that you're actually skating properly, even if you're wobbling a bit occasionally. "I think you've got it!" He cheers excitedly, grasps on your waist loosening. You didn't notice the grin that crept up on your face until now, as you turn to Jimin.

"Can we skate like that couple now?" You ask, pointing at the couple from earlier. After a few moments of silence from him, Jimin nods. 

Now, he skates back gracefully to your side and holds your hand like the couple is doing. "Go at the same speed as me, okay?" He tells you before starting to skate, his motions, compared to yours, seeming like that of an angel. 

You follow his motions hesitantly at first, but once you get the hang of it, you're surprised to find that not only are you skating much better, but you're no longer wobbling around. "Wow," you whisper, gliding around with Jimin. The both of you skate together to the rim of the ice rink, steps matching.

"Wait," Jimin says, grabbing out his phone from his denim pants. You remove your hand from him so he can use his phone properly, instead, wrapping your arms around his as you lean on his shoulder, enjoying the warmth.

"Got it," he says, pressing a couple buttons on his phone before a soft melody plays out, and you gasp as the familiar melody makes its way to your ears.

Jimin's eyes widen cutely. "You know this song?" You nod fervently, closing your eyes to appreciate the soft melody. You hum out the melody, realizing how much you missed this song.

"Sing with me," Jimin says, making you reopen your eyes. You widen your eyes, looking at Jimin as though he is crazy. "B-but I can't sing," you stammer, lying. You've sung this song countless times, in front of the bathroom mirror, with your hairbrush as a mic.

"Please?" He pleads, looking at you with puppy eyes. Unable to handle his cuteness, you sigh. "Okay, but you'll regret this," you warn, and Jimin puts his phone back into his pocket, still blasting the melody. 

"There goes my heart, beating," Jimin sings out smoothly, making your jaw drop with how amazing he sounds. It was hard to believe that he wasn't a singer, with a voice like that. 

"And you are the reason," You join his voice, hesitantly at first, but he shoots you a grin which gives you your much-needed boost of confidence. Jimin gestures to the ice as the pair of you skate back to the ice, still singing.

"I'm losing my sleep," You let Jimin sing this part alone, still in awe at his amazing voice. "Please come back now."

Jimin nods at you, signaling that this is your part. You blush before singing to the beat. "There goes my mind, racing," You sing, not caring that other people can hear. "And you are the reason," You purposely look into Jimin's eyes, heart fluttering wildly.

"That I'm still breathing," Your voice does a roll on the still, making Jimin's eyes widen. "I'm hopeless now." You let go of Jimin's arm and drag him onto the ice with you.

"I'd climb every mountain," You and Jimin sing together, still skating gracefully on the ice, not too fast, matching the beat of the song. "And swim every ocean," You sing the higher part of the duet, letting Jimin do the lower parts.

"Just to be with you, and fix what I've broken," You sing this part alone, scowling at Jimin for leaving you. He mouths a "wanted to hear your voice" before singing on his part, which, in turn, you let him sing alone.

"Oh, cuz I need you, to see," His voice does the high registers flawlessly, managing to sing them for a long time without intervals. "That you are the reason." Without stopping the eye contact, Jimin traces your lower thumb on your lip before pressing his lips to yours.

You don't stop the kiss, instead, kissing him passionately back, mouths molding around each other perfectly, as though they were made for each other. Jimin cradles you in his arms, showing his need as he traces your cheeks with his fingers, the song still blasting in the background.

It was, right then, that you realized it.

Not only was he the reason for your joy, but you had broken your promise to yourself, the one where you said you were Never Falling For Him.

Because you had fallen, very deep, for the man standing before you.

But, did it really matter? After all, some promises are meant to be broken and end up forming the best results.

So, throwing caution to the wind, you don't remove your lips, but instead, as a fiery euphoria ignited the need in you, your hands find their way to his shoulders, removing your lips from his.

"Jimin," you whisper, your voice sultry and low. His hooded eyes refocus on yours, a ignited fire of lust still present in his eyes. "I think I've fallen for you."

Not a spark of surprise shows in his eyes as he doesn't wait to reply. "I've fallen for you too, Y/N," his voice is ten times deeper than it's usual pitch, bringing his other hand to cup your cheek. 

"And I love you." He brings his lips back to yours, marking the end of the song, but the start of your new found love, with Jimin.

-

[ A/N: This is officially the last chapter! But don't worry, there will be an epilogue and possible one-shots of this story coming out in the future. Hope you enjoyed, and I love you all! ]