29 - Hitmen

Jimin and you both froze in fear, quite uncertain on how to react. The men, who now knew their cover had been blown, now inched closer towards you two step by step, almost stalking forward like snakes, every step calculated and careful, darkness glistening in their eyes.

Watching as Min's men walked closer to you both, you shook yourself and unfroze, grabbing Jimin's arm tightly and dragging him to walk backward with you.

Seeing you move, the 5 men continued making their way towards you, now faster. You started to walk back even quicker, willing Jimin to do so as well.

Your mind and heart started racing from fear. Where could you two go? There wasn't a clear escape; the carnival was too far from here, and in this area of town, it was too dark. 

His apartment was too far of a walk from here, too. And you needed an escape. Fast.

Clutching Jimin's arm tightly, you tried to ignore the squeezing of fear in your heart as you started to run. You didn't know if these men held guns, but you would rather escape before you'd have to find out.

By force.

Jimin took your hint and started to run in a beeline with you. The men shouted out loudly, and you could hear their footsteps getting heavier and beating on the ground rhythmically as they chased after you.

Although you knew you wouldn't be able to run forever, it was your only option for now.

Speeding up your pace, you took a quick right at the corner, taking Jimin with you. There were some buildings in sight and a small park. Making a quick decision, you dashed forward towards the latter, and Jimin followed you closely.

Thank goodness, both you and Jimin ran fast enough, as you couldn't hear their footsteps being as close anymore. But you didn't slow down your pace, knowing that they could be chasing closer and closer and second, to capture Jimin.

You practically dragged Jimin into the park, and the two of you hid behind a bush as you listened to the men continue yelling profanities and incoherent sentences. According to the sound of their footsteps, they had gone to the left side, away from you and Jimin.

You breathed a sigh of relief, as you turned to look at Jimin.

His expression broke your heart. Fear was written all over it, and his eyes were cold and blank. 

Fearing what could happen to him.

Though you hadn't known Jimin long, you could tell he was more of a macho man, preferring to hide his emotions rather than reveal them, always being the strong protector without a weak face. 

Somehow, you were privileged enough to get a glimpse of this side of him. 

Though you knew you were still in danger, you scooted closer to him and gave him a tight hug, rubbing his back, trying your best to comfort him.

You knew how it felt to fear for your life, not knowing what to do next.

Kissing the side of his cheek, you felt him finally relax slightly and sigh. You continued to hug him, feeling his quick heartbeat against your body.

"Sshh..." you murmured quietly as he started to talk. You didn't want to risk getting caught by those men, which you had no idea where they currently were.

You both needed to escape to another safe place, as you knew it would only be a matter of time before the Min's men searched the whole area, bringing them to the park.

An idea suddenly hit you.

There was a place the two of you could go, that wasn't too far from here.

You leaned over to whisper the idea to Jimin's left ear, and he nodded, pulling you up as the two of you made a run for the location.

-

Panting, you collapsed onto the soft brown sofa with Jimin right next to you, hand in hand.

You had managed to make it to the location without getting caught or injured, which was a miracle.

Yoongi walked into the room, holding a tray with 3 glasses of wine. You were about to ask him where he had gotten the wine until you remembered that there was legit a wine cellar downstairs.

Yes, you had decided to go to Yoongi's shop.

Little did you know that upstairs was also the house where Yoongi lived, which was where you were now, seeking warmth and protection.

Yoongi set the tray of drinks down onto the small tea table and sat down on the other couch to the side. His face was twisted into an expression of worry, annoyance, and anger.

He sighed loudly. "I can't believe I got caught into this mess..." he muttered, pressing 2 fingers to his temple in an attempt to think straight.

Jimin whimpered next to you, and Yoongi turned to look at him a sorrowful expression now etching itself onto his features. "It's not your fault either, kid, though running away was a quite shit decision." Yoongi sighed again, very much so troubled.

You barely knew Yoongi, but he sure did complain and curse quite a bit.

"But I understand why you did it," Yoongi continued, reaching for a glass of wine. "You wanted freedom, to live your life the way you wanted, but you couldn't." Yoongi grabbed a glass, raised it to his mouth, and took a sip. "So, being the dimwit you are, you just ran." Yoongi shook his head as though he felt like he couldn't handle Jimin's stupidity.

If Jimin hadn't been feeling so worried, you were pretty sure he'd be glaring at Yoongi right now.

Instead, his face was in his palms, taking one of his hands away from yours. 

Yoongi noticed how he seemed, and gave him a worried look. Yoongi got up and went to get something from a different room as you observed the now crazily worried Jimin, rubbing the Chimmy plush in your hand.

It was hard to believe that you guys had just been having fun at a carnival barely hours ago, and now here you were, stressed out of your mind, with Jimin looking like he was about to cry right next to you.

You had a soft spot for the boy. No matter how much you told yourself you didn't, you still did. And it was annoying.

Yoongi paced back into the room, looking determined. He put his wineglass down and held his phone up in his hand.

"To fix this," He said, pressing on the keyboard of his phone, "I'm going to have to call for backup."