10 | Caught

Once again, history repeats itself, as you let out a small squeal of shock, dropping the book onto the floor with a small thud. You whirl around to face Jimin, who's leaning against the door frame, amusing dancing across its features.

Your heart is racing madly, and you can feel yourself burning beetroot red.

"Jimin! You gave me a heart attack," You croaked, clutching at your chest, trying to calm your racing heart. Your blush still won't fade. You hate getting caught.

To your utter surprise, Jimin doesn't release his unforgiving anger on you. Instead, he chuckles softly, giving you the nerve to look up again.

"Y/N," he teases, laughing softly as he walks over to you. "You're such a pabo." He almost trips over his book as he freezes suddenly, then leaps to grab it before facing you again, his whole demeanor changing.

His smile is wiped off and instead replaced with a cold frown, which is almost as hard as his eyes. "Did you read anything?" He asks, tone demanding and sharp, eyes boring into yours, making you want to scream and run. He grasps onto your arm painfully again, bringing back unpleasant memories.

"N-no I didn't," You gasp out and wince at his rough grip, looking down onto your red and pained arm. His gaze follows yours as he softened his grasp.

Letting go of you, Jimin takes a step backward, gaze still low. "I'm sorry... it's just that you can't read the book," his voice is soft again as he holds the book up in one arm, finally daring to look at you. "It's quite private. Did I scare you?" He asks, gaze shifting to you, expression now replaced with sorrow and guilt.

Gosh did this man melt your heart.

You shake your head, releasing a nervous and high pitched laugh. "No, I should be apologizing," you fumble with your fingers. "I shouldn't have been snooping, but I... wanted to see what your house is like, you know? I've never been in an apartment this huge before..." You trail off when you realize you're rambling.

Now, his tone switches to light as he chuckles. There's a short pause of awkward silence before the loud sound of your rumbling stomach cuts in. You rub your stomach, remembering that you hadn't eaten in ages.

He smiles, eyes crinkling. "Would you like something to eat?" He asks, tenderly placing the book down on his bed. You nod, feeling embarrassed. 

Gesturing for you to follow him, he heads out of the room, into the small room that you assumed was a kitchen.

The kitchen was bright, with tiled pale blue walls. It was smaller than you had anticipated but felt quite big to you, and sort of empty at the same time.

Jimin opens the fridge door to reveal that it's pretty much empty, with the excuse of a seemingly old pizza box. He looks at it with disgust before taking it out and tossing it into the trash-can, making a face at it before turning his attention to you again.

Rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment, he parts his lips to speak. "Ah I'm sorry, I haven't been here these past few days, so I'm quite low on food..." he looks over to his fridge, reinforcing his point. He runs a hand through his now-bandaged hair, then winced slightly.

It was then that you remember his painkillers. "Oh, I almost forgot!" You exclaim, drawing his focus to you. "The doctor told me to give you painkillers every six hours, and you haven't taken any yet," you explain, rushing out of the room again and reaching into your bag to grab his bottle of pills.

"Here, take one," You say, tossing him the bottle. He catches it in his right arm before taking one out and popping it in his mouth. Then, he swallows it without any water.

You stare at him blankly. Did he just dry swallow the pill?

Jimin's chuckle interrupts your thoughts. "Take a picture, it'll last longer, he teases, then walks past you to grab his phone, his shoulder bumping into yours. "I'll order some pizza," he mutters, dialing the number of the pizza place.

You stand there awkwardly as he chats with the pizza guy, placing his order. The guy on the other side of the line talks loudly, and you can hear him say that the pizza would be here soon.

You realize that you'd have to deal with him and the unexpected awkwardness for the rest of tonight and panic a bit. You'd have to think of an interesting topic to converse on or else it would be hell here.

Deciding to lay out your most important question too to satisfy your burning curiosity, you clear your throat before asking Jimin the one question on your mind.

"Jimin," You call as he walks over to the sofa, plopping down. "Yes?" He hums, reaching for the TV remote.

"How did you get hurt?" You ask tentatively.

His reaction isn't what you expect, as he pauses again, and you can see him thinking, putting the remote down again before looking down to the floor.

"You don't want to know."