33 - Don't Leave Me

The sound of countless shoes stepping rhythmically on the marble ground was supposedly soothing, but it failed to soothe you as you were practically shaking with nervousness

Today was the grand day. The day where the confirmation of Jimin's deal was to change, the day where he could finally be free out of his parent's grasp. But you still felt nervous, knowing that if anything went wrong, it would be the last time you'd ever get to see Jimin.

A lump grew in your throat at the prospect, though you trudged on with your head down, not wanting your friends to see your newfound weakness for Jimin. 

"Hey, Y/N," Jungkook nudged you softly on your left shoulder, trying to get you to face him. You refused to look at him. "What?" You said in a harsher tone than intended, regretting it instantly. 

"Everything will be fine, alright?" Jungkook reached out a hand to pat you gently on the shoulder, as you finally were willing to look him in the eye. "But what if it doesn't?" You croaked, "What if they don't agree and take Jimin away? What if we never get to see him again? What if-" Your voice started to get gradually louder in your panicked daze, but you were interrupted by Jimin.

"Y/N, deep breaths," Jimin commanded, grasping your back and turning you to face him. "Everything." His eyes bored into yours intently. "Will." He removed his hand from your shoulder, grasping your hand in his. "Be okay." He finished, and you merely stared into his eyes, letting his presence calm your nerves. 

"I'm not going to let you go," He whispered, his tone barely audible. He crushed your body into his chest, arms wrapping around you too tightly for comfort, not willing to let you go. He would never be willing to let you go. 

Your friends didn't stop to comfort you, as they knew that punctuation of time was very important in these meetings. If you were slightly late, your opponents would judge you just through that, and treat themselves instantly as the stronger side.

So that's why it was always better to be early than on time, to gain your footing first.

"He's right, Y/N." Minhee's voice came from behind you. She didn't need to physically touch you to calm you down. After knowing you for so long, she knew exactly how to handle these situations. "We won't let anything happen to Jimin."

You took a deep breath, steadying yourself. You knew everyone was extremely worried right now, not just you. You were pretty sure Jimin was scared out of his mind, but he didn't show it as you did. They were strong, so you would be strong too. For them.

Still leaning your head on Jimin's chest as you paced on, you finally came in front of a large wooden door, so big that you were sure no one could ever hit their head on the top. "Don't leave me," you murmured silently as you crushed your face into his chest again before leaving it for good, your eyes filled with sorrow.

"I won't." He promised as everyone fixed their attire to look as perfect as possible, you and Jimin included. When everyone was finished, Hoseok walked forward and knocked on the door three times.

The door swung open, beckoning you to enter.

Your group walked in a triangular formation, this time including Taehyung and Seokjin. Yoongi stood at the most front, with Namjoon and Jungkook following right behind him, then in the third row, you, Jimin and Daehyung stood, with Jimin in the middle. The last row contained Minhee, Hoseok, Taehyung, and Seokjin.

To any outsiders, you were sure your group looked strong, intimidating even. Ah, if only they knew how you felt on the inside.

"Welcome," a voice boomed. You wanted to stretch your neck as far as it could go to see who was speaking, but you knew that would ruin your professional image. Plus, you were the foreigners here, unlike the people you were speaking with. 

Your hand twitched uncomfortably, the arm in a plaster itching uncomfortably. Yes, you had been lucky enough to get out of the hospital with a functioning arm, but for now, it would have to be in plaster until it recovered.

"Good afternoon, Commander Min," Yoongi greeted in an even tone which displayed no emotion. "It is to my understanding that you are here to officially renew and change the deal of the Park and Mins?" Commander Min hypothesized. Your group spread out slightly as you did during practice in the past so everyone could be seen.

"Yes, that is what we wish for," Yoongi appealed as Commander Min's eyes swept over your group. His eyes lingered on Jimin hungrily, before his eyes met you and froze slightly and frowned, not expecting to see anyone injured or have such an 'unprofessional image'.

"I see," He heaved, eyes leaving you. "Is this the damage your group suffered after meeting with my men?" He questioned Yoongi, sounding bemused. Obviously, this man was mocking you, and you didn't like it. Your jaw clenched, but you didn't say anything. 

"Unfortunately, yes, it was caused by then. But we are in excellent health so far, except for a couple of minor injuries." Yoongi informed him, a tight smile on his lips. Commander Min laughed and waved his hand. "I was quite surprised when the whole lot got taken out, but I guess it is better not to underestimate any members of the Min branch."

"Anyways, back to the point." Commander Min clasped his hands together, lips pressed into a firm line. "May I see the documents?" He queried, as Yoongi nodded and Namjoon stepped forward, handing him a silky black folder. Commander Min flipped through the folder, before clicking his fingers as 2 guards appeared.

Fear pooled in your stomach. Could he see that they weren't completely real?

You almost expected him to ask the guards to shoot your heads off, and anticipated anything at that moment. But to your surprise, he handed the folder back to Yoongi before turning to his guards. "Please take us to the discussion room," He ordered the guards as they nodded and walked in our direction.

The guards led your group into the discussion room, and you could feel the tense atmosphere of your peers, but everyone held it in well. They radiated calmness, making you feel better too. 

Though you weren't supposed to touch anyone or show any signs of affection in case of the guards noticing your weaknesses, you looked around and made sure no one was looking before slipping your hand into Jimin's, holding it tightly.

He turned to you for a brief moment, love visible in his eyes before you released your grasp and he gave you a quick smile.

That was all the encouragement you needed to go on.