5 | Stay Out Of My Way

You squeak and freeze in place, turning around to find Jimin leaning on the wall casually, staring at his nails. A normal person might see him as calm, but you could feel his aura. Anger was practically bouncing off him, though he hid it well.

Though he wasn't your favorite person in the world, you knew better than to piss him off. You've heard of how he gets when he's angry, and it's not a pretty sight.

Yet, with your bad luck, you found yourself to be the object of his anger.

"Nothing to say, huh? I'd have thought a loud-mouthed nosy person like you would have lots to say. Why so silent?" Jimin stopped leaning on the wall and stood up straight, a cold layer hardening in his eyes.

He may not have been the tallest man you've met, but from the way he held himself up and the furious glint in his eye, you could feel his anger which stood ten times his height, making you shrink a bit in fear.

"Eavesdropping on your first day? Do you not have anything better to do? No one is allowed to go into the lounge unless they are invited. Which part of that do you not understand?" Jimin crossed his arms, spitting out every word.

"I got lost and I-I didn't know what to do," you stammer, refusing to look into his eyes, which you could feel boring into yours, and he growled in response, annoyed.

"Why didn't you find Jiyeon? Her office is right across from the lounge" Jimin used one stiff hand to gesture towards the room across from the lounge. Ah, he was talking about the scary assistant, the one that had led you here earlier on.

"I-I'm sorr-" You were about to apologize when Jimin walked over in a few quick strides and grabbed onto your wrist painfully, making you whimper.

"You know what could have happened if my customer saw you? Crouched behind that plant, looking pathetic? She would've thought you were mental and given our company a bad image. She's already bad enough to deal with without any troubles, and you had to almost complicate everything." He growled, towering over you, grasp on your wrist tightening still.

So he had seen you behind that plant, even though you thought you had hidden so well.

The grasp on your wrist was so painful that you wanted to slap his hand off, but you didn't want to anger the already very triggered Jimin more.

"You seemed to be having a lot of fun to me," You blurt out and instantly clasp your other hand to your mouth. In that moment, Jimin gets very silent and drops your wrist, leaving it swinging. Why on earth did you just say that?

"Pardon?" Jimin said quietly, and you continued staring at the textured carpet of the floor, not daring to meet his furious gaze. You gulp audibly before starting to speak again.

"I heard what you said to her when you talked about the deal, Jimin. I don't give two shits what you do in your free time, but don't think of me as a dumbass. I heard the tone you used, huskiness and everything. You really think you're so big and strong and sexy, right? But you can't fool me, so don't try to pretend you don't know what I'm talking about." Your voice got increasingly louder and colder towards the end, though you still didn't look up.

Instead of yelling or slapping you, though, Jimin did something that was much worse. He just merely laughed, the sound bitter and cold, sending chills down your spine.

"You thought I was seducing her? Are you hearing yourself right now?" Jimin's laughter stop, as he used his finger lift your chin to face him, face very close to yours as your eyes widened in fear at his dark and gleaming black orbs.

"That bitch of a woman is insane, and I had to use all my charms to get her to sign a stupid contract. She kept scooting over and trying to touch me, and god do you know how uncomfortable I felt. If she didn't sign the contract, the failure of the project would be blamed on me, and I would get fired." Jimin's voice didn't get louder like yours, but instead got icier by the word.

"Sometimes, people like you need to get out of the illusion that the world revolves around you, Y/N. You have no idea how hard I've worked to be here, so stay out of my way or you'll regret it."

Jimin abruptly took away his hand from under your chin, swiftly turned around and marched out of the lounge, fumes practically coming off him. You watched his silhouette disappear down the hall and out of the office, the door closing with a loud bang.

You stand there, still quivering slightly from fear and anger, but mainly feeling confused. What did he mean he wasn't seducing her? But it didn't make sense. From all those sounds and charms he used, anyone would have come to that conclusion, right?

Then again, you did tend you overthink things. Why did you instantly assume that Jimin was doing something bad?

But the part that shocked you most was how he was turning the tables on you, like you were some rich brat with a promotion, and he was the one who had worked his butt off for this job. But according to the rumors, wasn't he the rich boy from Busan with a rich family?

Still lost in thought, the shrill ringing of your phone scaring you out of your wits as you checked it to find the caller to be Minhee.

"Y/N, where are you?!" She whisper scolded you into the phone. "The gossip about you is crazy here, and everyone is glaring at the door, waiting for your entrance. You're already 20 minutes late to lunch!"

Shocked, you whip out your watch and gulp. The time was already 12:35, and just as she said, you were 20 minutes late, plus, lunch ended at 12:50 sharp.

She was about to speak again but you interrupted her. "I'm so sorry, Minhee! So much happened this morning, and I need your help, but we have to chat in private. Please meet me at the park downstairs in 5 minutes!" You say quickly before hanging up, not giving her a chance to argue.

You desperately needed to learn more about Park Jimin.