17 | Deal

A very eventful week has passed since you had taken Jimin back from the hospital. And you do believe that you've learned more this week than you've ever learned in your lifetime.

However, you hadn't only learned of Jimin's past and who he was, but you had also learned about a very dark part of your society, one that you wished to never get involved in. 

Learning about more details of the dreaded Black Society, you had to suppress a shudder when Jimin started to talk about the gruesome details of what happened in there, who was in it, and how they were divided.

Of course, even Jimin didn't know everything. He knew only scraps of what his parents had told him they did, but even they were vague. 

And now they were missing.

Turns out, Jimin's family section, the Parks, had been forced to take part in that evil society and had decided to join forces with the Mins.

And though there are many Min families in Korea, this particular Min family was one of the strongest powers. You could say that Jimin's family line had really lucked out.

Or maybe not.

But that's what made the Min gang scary. You don't know who's in it, even though there's a rather large portion of them within the society. Min is an extremely common surname, so it's easy for them to cover their tracks and hide their members.

Any person with the Min bloodline is allowed to join their gang, making their population excessively big. They were a very strong power, needless to say. So, it didn't make any sense of why they would choose to coordinate the Parks when they could just...

Kill them off.

But after some digging, you did find a valid answer. Park was also an extremely common surname in Korea, which could be useful for the Mins.

The larger their population, the more dominant it could be. The mixage with the Park bloodline could be really beneficial to them, and all they needed to do was find the first Park family willing to do so.

Namely, Jimin's family. Though small, they were one of the only Park families with a clean bloodline and desperate position in society.

All had gone well, you see. Once Jimin's parents had signed their agreement, they had gone up in position, working for one of the biggest companies in South Korea, with high rankings. Of course, the company was owned by the Min bloodline.

No surprise there, right?

But what his parents didn't know was that their contract required Jimin to bring forth the next generation of Min x Park blood. 

That wouldn't have been an issue if Jimin had stayed in Busan with his parents, but Jimin left his family in his teen years to start a new life in Seoul, where he would be away from the control, the craziness and everything.

He hadn't known much about the contract, especially his part in it. So, his parents were given 7 years to find their lost son and make him go back to produce the next generation.

And when their 7 years was up, they were to be executed.

A few days ago marked the end of their 7 years, so now the Mins would be looking for Jimin themselves. And hunt him down.

However, though all of this sounded glum, there was a way where the deal could be restored, bringing everyone back to safety and Jimin back to freedom.

But this method was dangerous.

You needed many people's help. The help of different people from different families and bloodlines, united as one to break off the deal.

That way, the Min's wouldn't be able to get to Jimin. Not with all the families on his side, they couldn't be strong enough to take him away.

But what was most dangerous was that you would have to get involved to help him.

-

"Y/N?" A voice called out to you. Her voice sounded far away, as though she were calling you from through a tunnel, countless echos following her voice. 

You blink rapidly, refocusing into reality. You had been daydreaming, again.

Your eyes land on a furrowed-browed Minhee, who narrows her eyes at you as she places her hands on her hips, pouting. "You're daydreaming again?" She exclaims, prolonging the again. "This is the third time I've had to snap you out of it during this lunch break!" 

Guilt swarms in your stomach as you think of how weird and distant you must have been. "I'm so sorry, Minhee," You apologize, reaching out to grab her hand. You felt horrible, knowing you were neglecting one of the only friends you had at work.

She smiles reassuringly, all traces of annoyance gone. "It's okay, I know you've got a lot on your mind about..." She trails off, but you know exactly what she's talking about.

Being your best friend, when you called Minhee back that day, she had been livid, until you explained the whole ordeal with Jimin's past, and how you needed to help him. Minhee was surprisingly okay about it and was trying to help you.

You had practically told her everything that was going on, except for the... short makeout session. You still hadn't figured out what you were going to do about that, and an extra screaming Minhee wouldn't help much in that situation.

Surely, Jimin had only done that because he was horny. There was no way in hell he actually liked me, you think bitterly.

After countless hours of planning together, Minhee had formulated a solution and plan to Jimin's problem. Though it was complicated, you believed it was worth a shot, mainly because it would be the only shot you had.

Apart from an alternate way, which was yours. But you wouldn't do it unless you were forced to, simply because of how horrible it would be for Jimin.

Plan B was to send Jimin back to Busan to marry that girl, a simple solution to the issue. But you knew it would tear Jimin apart, just from looking at the fear and pain in his eyes the night you told him about his parents.

You felt your heart breaking at his horror-struck expression and wished him all the joy in the world. For some reason, you felt a strong and urgent urge to help him.

You wanted, no, needed, to give him the freedom he deserved, like the freedom you had gotten when you moved to Seoul.

Shaking your head fiercely, you brought yourself out of your thoughts and into the world again, knowing Minhee wouldn't be happy to bring you back a fourth time.

"So," Minhee drawls, drawing small circles with her finger on the table. "Are we going to use my plan?" 

"Yeah, I think we'll use it. But can you think of anyone with the names we need?" You ask nervously. You knew it would be hard to find them, as who would agree to such a dangerous task?

"We will find people." Minhee rested her hand on yours and pats it soothingly. It was so sweet, knowing Minhee was trying too hard to comfort you, though she was just as stressed out. 

You gulp, hoping and wishing with all your might that it would be true.