25 | Starting the Deal

"So," You say, clapping for emphasis as also to alert the group of people sitting in your small office that you were speaking. "We've finally gotten everyone we need."

Your friends smile at you, all sitting together in a tight-knit circle, on the floor or on some chairs. Luckily, your new office was rather large, giving it the capability to fit in everyone you needed.

After a long chat with Daehyung that day, discussing how everything was with minimum small talk and jokes, you'd finally gotten to the point of the deal that you were doing. You had internally cringed at your wording and bluntness, but you needed to know if Daehyung could help because if not, you would have to find a replacement as soon as possible.

Surprisingly, your raven-haired friend had nodded silently, expression forming into a soft smile as he grabs your hand and holds it in both of his, a sign of promise and care. "Y/N, of course I'd help you. Please take this as my apology for not being a good friend and only caring for myself."

You had almost teared up again, but restrained the urge back, swallowing the lump in your throat as you smile. "Never say that, Daehyung. You haven't done anything wrong."

His soft expression grows stern, eyes sincere. "No, Y/N. I'm sorry for being this cold, I just wasn't sure what to do, and I almost lost you. You never gave up on me, as I should have with you." You were about to interrupt and scold him, but he raises a hand to stop you. "Please, just take my apology."

Reluctantly, you took his apology, but not without giving him one of your own, which he takes in return. Now that the two of you were on good terms, you were practically inseparable.

"Thank you to every single person in this room," You begin, making sure to give eye contact to everyone, not missing a single person. "I know this is a huge sacrifice of your time and energy, and so I really appreciate your efforts in helping out."

You make sure to catch Daehyung's eye for a fraction of a second longer, smiling wider to show your appreciation. He smiles back at you warmly, but his gaze drifts away before he can linger.

"Now we have officially gotten everyone we need, so it's time to plan. I'll let Yoongi and Jungkook move on with this part, as they are more professional in this field." Everyone, including you, turn to face the boys, Jungkook heating up under all the attention now directed on him.

"H-hello," He stammers, running a hand through his hair, face the color of a fresh tomato. "My name is Jeon Jungook, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a... friend of Y/N's." He bows slightly in your direction, signaling you to play along. You nod slightly, and everyone focuses on the young boy's words once again.

"I'm a professional investigator, and recently moved from Busan to Seoul to investigate this particular case," Gaining more confidence, Jungkook smiles genuinely, his adorable bunny smile showing, "and Y/N told me she really needed my assistance, so I'm gonna be here to help."

The room remains silent as Jungkook nudges the sandy-haired boy next to him, who also squirms under the attention. Contrasting to his usual loud and scary demeanor, Yoongi is quiet and scared as he starts his introduction.

"Uh... I'm Min Yoongi, a wine dealer from Daegu, but obviously, now I live in Seoul." He deadpans, speaking quickly. "I hate the Black Society, but for this case and this case only," He glares around your friend circle as if to scare off anyone from asking him questions. "And I am in charge of finalizing deals and approving them, so you came to the right man."

Yoongi looks flustered and nervous under the invisible spotlight, earning a quick snicker from you. He glares at you and turns even redder under your stare.