14 | Missing

"Park Ji-min's parents are missing, presumed dead."

| YOUR P.O.V. |

You sit there, silence filling the room once again. You can't help but part your lips in shock and widen your eyes as you think of an appropriate response to what Jungkook had just told you.

Jungkook stares at you intently, a worried expression cascading upon his breathtaking features. It's obvious he's worried you'd have a panic attack or something, but you know you can hold it off if you feel it coming on.

Jimin's face keeps appearing in your mind; his beautiful eye-crinkled smile, his pretty, plump lip,s, his eyes that shine a bit too bright; these all obviously resembled a well-rounded person, if not, an angel.

Park Jimin did not deserve this.

On top of that, millions of questions raced through your head before you could even process them. You picked out the most distinct ones that kept running back and forth through your head, refusing to leave.

Was Jimin aware of this?

What had caused this? 

Was Jimin the reason they were missing?

But you were almost a hundred percent sure that the man in front of you didn't have any answers either, hence coming desperately to his last option, coming to question you.

So that you could give him the answers to these burning questions.

What bothered you most, however, was that you had no idea whatsoever who Jungkook was, and what role he played in this story. It didn't make sense; a random person coming and "kidnapping" you to look for the answers.

Especially the eagerness, worry and desire in his eyes for the answers he had once thought you could provide.

"Who are you?" You rasp, voice sounding far too frightened, breaking through the aura of fake confidence you had made.

His expression softens as he sees that you've regained control. Clearing his throat, he replies with an air of authority. "I'm a private detective," he explains. "I was hired to find out the missing pieces of information about the reason they are missing."

Jungkook takes a look at his watch, before glancing back anxiously, suddenly shooting out of his chair in a hurry to leave. He pushes his chair in before looking at you one last time. "But, I can tell that you know nothing regarding this case, so I'll let you go."

He strides out of the cafe, the opened door blowing in a gust of refreshing cold air.

You stay seated, staring at the spot where Jungkook was a mere few seconds ago, feeling dumbfounded. Instead of getting your questions answered, now, more just entered, making your thoughts jumbled.

A private detective? Who would hire him?

Why would they need this information?

Why on earth did Jungkook leave so abruptly?

Another gust of wind and a pair of footsteps bring you out of your thoughts as you see the familiar figure of Jimin entering, wearing a black beanie and holding an expensive Gucci jacket.

Unease and fear were spelled all across his features, and you finally felt satisfied as one of your questions were answered.

Jungkook had left because he had seen Jimin coming.

But you almost wished he hadn't left. Because now, instead of the fear you felt so strongly earlier, you were left with the burning sensation of curiosity, unanswerable questions filling your thoughts.

Who was Jimin, and what happened to him and his family?

| JIMIN'S P.O.V. |

She was sitting in one of the seats by the corner, looking heartbreakingly horrified and confused. My heart slowed down when I saw that she was safe, though trembling.

However, the anger raged and tore through me when my eyes landed on her shirt. Now, it was covered in a jacket. A man's jacket.

"Why did you just run off like that?" I spat out, venom seeping into my tone. "You could've gotten sick, but now I know you won't, considering you have some other man to take care of you."

She looks up at me, blinking. "What other man?" She mutters, rubbing her head. Then, realization sprang into her eyes. "You mean Jungkook?" Her eyes widen before she covers her mouth.

It was obvious that she didn't mean to tell me that.

"Ask your boyfriend Jungkook to take care of you, then," I turn around and almost full on sprint out of the cafe, trying to keep my cool.

I wasn't used to feeling so vulnerable with my emotions, having them being attacked every other second by her. The rage and strange twinge of jealousy that poured inside me was proof of that. 

Growling, I grasped at my hair.

Y/N, what are you doing to me?

-

[ A/N: Hello! Please don't forget to vote and comment, it makes my day. Thank you! ]