CHAPTER 3: Already He's Mad At Me?

MYSTIC

I was a little nervous to be honest about staying with people I had never met before while I pretended to be someone else as I had to keep my true identity from them. Which deep down I was feeling really bad for because they're willing to let me stay there at their place but yet I couldn't give them the courtesy of them knowing who I really was.

The head Elder thought it would be a better idea if I went over in a car that he had bought for me that wasn't too flashy but really nice. I didn't care because for one, I don't care in general being a flashy kind of person, I have more simple tastes for the most part. However, at the end of the day, I actually ended up declining the offer because I didn't really go to many places. I enjoyed being a homebody more. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like going out once in a while but yeah, didn't feel I needed a car.

He told me though that instead of telling these people that I'm royal, he just is letting them know that I'm the daughter of a good friend who needs a place to stay and to just look out for me a little. He told me that way I could feel better a more because it was somewhat true. He was a really good friend to my mother and father. Plus, he finally realized it didn't make any sense to say I was royal or anything and not just say who I really was so that's why he came up with this idea. Which I agreed with and did feel better about.

As soon as the car I had ordered to come pick me up to take me to my new place pulls up in front of a mansion, I couldn't help but admire the colonial two story house that you could see was built in the 1800's.

I took in a deep breath and grabbed a couple of my bags before seeing someone open the door and walking out to greet me.

"Hey. You must be Mystic." The girl says.

"Yeah." I replied.

She was a little taller than me and had a couple of tattoos on her arm. She looked to have long hair with some red tint in it and was curvy like me.

"You okay?" She asks.

"Yeah. Sorry, I'm just a little nervous is all. It's nice to meet you." I hold out my hand.

"You too." She chuckles and shakes my hand.  "Come in." She says as she takes my bags.

I walk in and immediately am hit with historical artifacts and paintings all around the place.

"You have a very nice place." I comment.

"Thanks. Well, it's yours now too." She smiles at me.

"Thanks but, I want you to know that I appreciate you all allowing me to stay here but I promise I won't get in the way." I tell her.

"You won't. Besides, it'll be really nice to have another woman in this place. Being around just men has some of it's perks but a lot of times, especially when you look to a lot of them like your brothers, it's a little annoying and weird." She laughs at herself.

"I bet." I laugh a little.

"But it'll be cool. My brother who is the Alpha of the pack, Dorian, he's pretty cool but is an ass sometimes. So just take anything personal." She winks at me.

"Alright. And when will I meet him and the Beta?" I ask her.

"Well he'll be back in a little while. As for the Beta, you're talking to her." She smiles.

"Really? You're the Beta?" I asked surprised and yet, impressed.

"Hell yeah. Earned my spot too." She smiles at me.

"That's awesome!" I reply.

"Thanks." She says.

"What's your name by the way?"

"Jade."

"That's a cool name."

"Thanks. I like yours too."

"Thanks." I chuckle.

"JAAADE!!!!" We hear a man's deep voice growl loudly.

"I'll be right back. Wait right here." She says while rolling her eyes.

She starts walking off and as I see her turn into a room, I start walking in the living room and take a seat on the couch.

I hear yelling coming from the room she went into. My god I hope that's not the Alpha. His growl reminded me of a beast.

While waiting there, I felt myself start to get more nervous. I hope they aren't arguing over me.

As I sit there for a few more moments waiting for Jade to come back, I notice several guys start to walk down the hallway towards the living room here. Oh shit, what do I do? What do I say? They all stop laughing as they look at me.

"Who are you beautiful?" One of the guys who I get a feeling is the Delta of the pack and reminds me of a Shawn Mendez.

"I'm Mystic. I'll be staying here for a little while." I reply nervously.

"Oh cool. Jade mind-linked us a minute ago saying you were here. Although she didn't mention you were a woman." He smirks.

"Well last time I checked." I tried making a joke. In which obviously I'm not good at doing.

The guys all introduce themselves and hang around as we start talking and getting to know each other and it's cool because I feel comfortable around them already.

Then we hear a door slam open all of a sudden and I start to stand up immediately as do the guys and we see Jade quickly walking in, grabbing my bags in one hand while grabbing my hand in the other and we start making our way towards upstairs.

"Sorry, my brother is having a bad day. I'll just have you meet him tomorrow or whenever he stops throwing a tantrum." She says.

Great, I haven't even met the Alpha and already he's pissed off. I'm sure because of me.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)