CHAPTER 10: I NEED To Know

DORIAN

I guess I got my answer right after my sister interrupted us and during the drive back to the house as we shared an awkward silence.

Then after getting home and after overhearing my sister and her talk, I was going to interrupt them and sit in on their movie but protested against it after my wolf tried telling me to sit by Mystic and hold her hand.

It's clear with how she had reacted as I was about to kiss her earlier and how she's replying to my sister when asked about that moment, it seems as though Mystic doesn't want to say anything. Like she wants to not talk about it because she might regret it?

Which that's fine, she wants to pretend it wasn't about to happen, it doesn't bother me.

I went up into my bedroom and decided that I was just going to go to bed and in the morning, go for an early run into the woods.

I definitely need to clear my head, not to mention remind my wolf in who's REALLY in charge.

Once my head hit the pillow, I went to sleep. I was really tired and needed to catch some zzzzzz's before tomorrow. Since there's a big meeting with the council who wish to all talk with me.

I had woken up a little before the sun rose and headed straight into the woods.

"You need to hurry, December is next month and we need to make sure we mark her before someone else does." My wolf tells me.

"I'm not not going to mark her. I doubt she is really even my mate. I mean, come on, we almost kissed and then my sister had to come interrupt and let us know rogues were coming. Which I'm grateful for but really, I don't think she feels the same pull that I do." I try to explain to him.

"But Alpha..." He starts to whine.

"Stop it. Now let's drop it." I snap at him while he just growls at me.

I just ignore him the rest of the run back home and take a shower before getting ready for the rest of the day.

Right as soon as I finish getting ready, I start to head downstairs and meet up with some members from my pack, including of course Brock and Jade as they're all standing around talking while waiting for me.

"Alright guys, listen up!" I started. "I need for half of you to head over to the perimeters of our territory tonight cause the amount of rogues that have been over and closer each day in trying to trespass is rising and is unacceptable. Not to mention embarrassing to our reputation." I tell them.

"Yes Alpha." Everyone says in unison and then start leaving to go and do their jobs while Brock and Jade stay behind.

"Okay well, I'm heading off to speak with the Elder. I'll be back later. Make sure to keep an eye on her." I tell them.

"We know, dad." They tell me in unison.

I just roll my eyes and leave. Sarcastic asses.
I get in my car and start making my way over to the council hall to hopefully speak with the head Elder.

When I arrive, I start heading inside and announce to the young older woman who is their secretary as humans would consider them, had me follow her down the hallway and into the Elders' office.

Once we walked inside, I saw both the head Elder and the Elder who is in a rank just below him, speaking with each other about something but stopped as soon as they saw me.

"I will speak with you later." The head Elder tells the other man before that man then leaves.

"Sorry for coming unannounced Sir but I really need to speak with you." I began.

"Alright. Take a seat." He offers while gesturing at the chair across from him.

"Thanks." I reply.

"So what do you need to speak with me about?" He asks.

"I know I said that I wouldn't ask you any questions and would wait til you told me eventually in who this Mystic girl that I am having to protect, you would tell me more information but, the way I operate things like this, I have to know more." I say while feeling a bit nervous hoping he doesn't take my questions and concerns as an insult.

He looks at me intently for a moment without saying anything.

"As I said before, when you need to know more information I will give it to you. I myself must find out more about this situation. Now if you can't do what I asked, now is the time to tell me and I'll send her to someone else's care." He smirks.

"No. That won't be necessary Sir, but I just thought I could at least have a little more information but I understand your reasoning and I won't question you again." I tell him.

I start to get up after bowing to him with my head and turning to leave before I heard him let out a big sigh and stop me.

"You're a great Alpha and I think of you as a son and I promise that you will find out very soon about all of this and about her. Trust me." He smiles.

I just nod my head and leave. I have to know who she is and why she needs our protection. I have to know for my pack's same in who we need to be prepared for to fight if they come near here. But if he won't tell me, then I know somebody that can.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)