CHAPTER 17: That Was A Close One

MYSTIC

I thought after Dante left that he was going to go back to being a big asshole again to me and just forget what we agreed to the other night, but last night was really nice. Before saying goodnight he asked to take me out today and of course I accepted.

Right now, I am finishing up putting my jeans, tank and flats on before I walk downstairs to meet up with him.

When I get downstairs, I first run into Jade who has a huge smile on her face.

"Well don't you look good. Going out on a date with my brother?" She winks and smiles at me as she bounces her eyebrows up and down.

"It's not a date. We're just trying to get to know each other more so we can possibly have a friendship." I assure her.

"Mhmm. Okay." She replies as she winks and then heads up to her bedroom.

"Hey, ready?" I hear him say from behind me.

"Yeah." I turn to look at him as I reply.

We both head out to his car and he begins driving. For some reason, we share an awkward moment of silence as I can't stop but think about what Jade just told me before I left. Is this a date? Wait, it couldn't be, cause of it was, wouldn't he have called it that? Besides, he said last night it's just to hang out and get to know each other more. That doesn't sound like him asking me out, right?

"So, what did my sister tell you?" I hear him snap me out of my own thoughts.

"Oh, uh, just wanted to know where we were going." I replied.

"I swear she's so nosy." He chuckles.

"A little but, it's gotta be nice to have a sibling." I state.

"Oh it is. Just sometimes, it can get annoying."

I just nod in agreement while looking out the window.

"So, are you hungry?" He asks.

"Yeah. Starving actually." I reply.

"What do you like to eat?" He asks.

"Hmmm, well since it's close to lunch time, why don't we go somewhere that serves brunch? There's a place like that here right?" I ask him.

"Of course and I know a great place." He says as he continues driving.

When we get there it's a nice little place that even though looks to be not as big and is a small building that's scrunched together with others in this small strip mall, it seems to be real busy as I see a huge line pouring out of the place and on the patio it looks overcrowded as well.

While walking up, I guess he could sense me being worried we wouldn't be able to find a table but he smiles at me and takes my hand in his and we start walking inside.

He walks right up to the hostess and tells her his name and she looks me up and down with a scowl and then goes back to smiling at him. She then grabs a couple menus and starts having us follow her towards outside to a two person table in the corner.

"Your server will be with you in just a moment." She says before walking away.

What the hell was her problem? I shake it off quickly and start looking at the menu.

"Good afternoon, I'm Casie your waitress. Can I start you both off with a couple of drinks?" She asks.

When I look at her she looks at me shocked? Almost as though she recognized me.

"Are you okay?" Dorian asks her.

I know why she's looking at me that way. I look like my mother, the Moon Goddess. Which of course shows me that she's a wolf.
I give her a look to not say anything and she smiles.

"Sorry, um, I day dream a lot." She jokes.

"Uh I'll take the special." He tells her before handing her his menu.

She jots it down on her IPAD and then walks away.

"That was weird." He says to me.

"Yeah." I reply and though it takes a few shared moments of awkward silence, we finally forget about that awkward part and just try and continue to have a nice little brunch.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)