CHAPTER 16: Not A Bad Idea

DORIAN

Dante had some nerve having his guys come into my house unannounced. He knows better than to come here. Then to make matters worse, hits on MY fucking mate? Hell no!

After I watched him drive off, that's when I heard Mystic ask in who he was.

"You don't know? Cause he seemed to know you." I point out.

"He looked familiar but, I honestly don't know who he is." She says.

As I look at her more I begin thinking that maybe she's telling the truth. Then again, I know nothing about her.

"She's telling the truth dumb ass. She is our mate and you need to hurry up and tell her before it's too late." My wolf tells me.

I know he's right but now isn't the time. Or is it?

"Hello?" I hear my sister say while snapping her fingers in front of my face to try and get my attention.

"What?!" I accidentally snap at her.

"Oh don't you snap at me. You and I need to talk. Now." She says in a demanding tone.

I roll my eyes in annoyance at her.

"What is it this time?" I ask.

"Look, I love you. You're my brother. But this whole being a douche bag to Mystic still, is immature and stupid and I'm warning you to stop it right now. She's really nice and really cool. So I suggest you buck up and start being nicer to her." She says with her arms crossed in front of her.

"Fine. But there's something about her that even you have to admit is a little off. Something doesn't add up and I'm going to find out what it is and who she is. I will not apologize for trying to protect my pack." I explain.

"No one is asking you to do that. I'm just asking you to give her a chance." She exclaims.

We look at each other for a moment longer until I finally surrender and agree.

"Okay, fine. I'll be nicer to her. But then you need to be careful where you take her. Remember that she is part of a job we were given." I try and remind her.

"I know." She says.

We both then laugh as we start heading back into the house where everyone is already at.

A few hours pass by and while Jade, Brock and everyone want to go out, I decide to stay back with Mystic.

However, after getting bored from seeing there's NOTHING on TV to watch, I head into the kitchen and start taking things out of the fridge to make myself a sandwich.

While making one, I see Mystic come downstairs in her tank top that shows not too much but just enough cleavage along with some booty shorts and starts walking towards the kitchen.

"Oh, hey." She says.

"Hey." I reply.

I can hear her breathe in and out a few times nervously before breaking the awkward silence we're sharing.

"What are you making?" She asks while she bends over on her elbows onto the kitchen counter with her cleavage showing even more.

I try not to stare as I hear my wolf telling me about what he wants to do with her right now. So I shut him up and clear my throat a little bit.

"I'm making a sandwich. You want one?" I ask her.

"Thanks." She smiles at me and then takes a seat across from me and watches as I begin making hers.

"You want mustard?" I ask.

"Yes please." She replies.

I don't know why I feel nervous around her. I have been around lots of women but never felt what I do when I'm around her. Then again, we are mates.

"Sorry for acting like a jerk around you." I say trying to make conversation.

"It's okay. I get it. I mean, you don't know me and I'm just someone that was practically dumped on your porch." She tries joking.

"Well, I wouldn't say it like that." I chuckle.

"Well hopefully, this whole thing won't last much longer and I can go back home." She says.

"I bet you miss it." I tell her.

"A little. Though on the other hand it's nice to be away." She says the last part as though it's a breath of fresh air.

"Why is that?" I ask curious.

"Nothing." She says.

I can tell I am starting to make her feel a little uncomfortable. So I try and refrain myself from asking her anything that makes her feel that way.

I hand her the plate.

"Here." I say.

"Thank you." She says while grabbing it and then taking a bite from it. "Mmm...This is really good." She tells me.

"Thanks." I chuckle while I finish up my sandwich and then grab a seat next to her.

We sit there for a few moments eating without saying anything and then when we were done, she picked up the plates and started to clean them off. Though not before I tried protesting and of course in the end, she won.

I was getting to know her even more, just like I did that night in the spa. I'm thinking, maybe she does feel the pull also but is just too shy to say anything. Maybe this all won't be such a bad thing after all.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)