CHAPTER 13: Shhh...Don't Tell Anyone

MYSTIC

When I woke up this morning I stretched in the bed a little bit and then rubbed my eyes to wake up some more before looking around and realizing I was in my room. But I thought I fell asleep in the movie room?

Oh well, maybe I was just so tired last night that I don't remember coming to bed.

So I get ready for the day knowing most likely I was going to be in the house as usual, but I always like being ready just in case.

When I make my way downstairs, I see that everyone is gone already and it seems like I am alone in the house until I hear the front door open up quickly and see Jade walk up to me, taking my hand and walking me outside to the backyard towards the entrance to the woods.

"Slow down. What's going on?" I ask.

"Is it true?" She asks me with a smile.

"Is what true?" I asked as I was hoping it wasn't about her brother again or about last night.

"Are you the new Moon Goddess?" She asks me and my heart drops.

Oh shit, how did she find out and who all has she told? I begin to worry.

"Who told you?" I asked.

"I was a meeting up today with the head elder's daughter and she told me some things that I knew would only make sense to be about you." She says.

"Well..." I began.

"Is it true?" She asks again with a bigger smile.

"Yes." I admit.

"Why didn't you tell us or me at least?" She asks me.

"Because I was told not to. Someone is after me and I have had to go into hiding for a while until the ones that killed my mother were caught. Mystic is really my name but, that's the only thing I was told I could tell that was the truth." I continue to confess.

"Wow. Well, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. We all were devastated after hearing the Moon Goddess had died and were wondering who was going to be the new one." She smiles.

"Yeah well, thanks for your guys' love and thoughts but, we can't tell anyone about this." I start to tell her.

"What, why?" She asks confused.

"Because no one is to know. Not even your brother."

"Oh god, that's gonna be a problem. I mean, as his sister, I feel like I can wait to twll him later on when it's okay, but as his Beta? Yeah, that's gonna be hard. Besides, it's better if he finds out now than later." She warns me.

"I know but, I can't. Not yet. It's not just for my safety it's also for all of your guys' as well." I try to explain.

"Oh." She says sounding a little sad and disappointed.

"I'm sorry but, please promise me you won't say anything to anybody?" I beg.

"I promise. Though honestly it sucks because I think it's the coolest thing ever." She says.

"It's cool but, it's also not all that it's cracked up to be neither." I begin.

"Really? You have all the money in the world for life, you have a huge castle or several mansions, not to mention also practically one of the most important people  that has a lot of power and that plays a major role in our society." She mentions.

"Yes but, along with all of that, there are cons." I tell her.

"Like what?"

"Well, for example, I am the one who helps people find their mates and get them together, not to mention also, people rely on me to give them advice and there's so much more responsibilities than anyone knows or understands that come with the title. Though the worst part is it's almost impossible to find a mate of my own and then to make matters worse, I'm just as big of a target as the head Elder in the council." I finish informing her.

"Oh..." She replies.

"Look, I'll make you a deal. You don't tell anyone about this until I get the go ahead and I promise to tell you anything you want to know about being a Moon Goddess." I smile at her.

"Deal." She smiles while holding out her hand at me and we shake on it.

"Deal." I continue smiling at her.

We then laugh it off and head back into the house. As much as I do trust her, I really do hope also that she really doesn't tell anyone about this.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)