CHAPTER 19: Happiness

MYSTIC

I knew this wouldn't turn out good. I mean, I didn't see that I would like him. Then to find out that we're each other's mates, I don't blame him for being upset and then not wanting me.

Maybe I should have let whoever that was earlier trying to hurt both Jade and I, I should have just let them take me and kill me or whatever they want to do. Then Jade and Dorian and everyone would be better off and safe.

I look at Jade as she turns and runs her fingers through her hair while letting out a breath before she turns around and looks at me with a pity look on her face.

"I'm sorry about him." She begins.

"No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that your guys' pack are involved in this mess and that I lied. But also, I'm really sorry that I didn't realize that your brother and I were mates. I just, I'm not supposed to or aloud to love. As crazy as that sounds." I chuckle at the last part.

"It's crazy. Because you deserve to be in love and to have someone who feels the same way you do also. I kind of understand why you couldn't see that he was your mate because you can't foresee your own fate." She says.

I think about it for a moment and then realize that what she says makes sense. But it doesn't matter.

"Thanks but, I'm gonna call the head of the council tomorrow and ask him if I could stay with him or at least somewhere else." I tell her.

"Hell no. You're not leaving. Besides, I thought you said he told you you couldn't stay with him?!" She points out.

"Yes but..." I tried to tell her but she cut me off.

"I swear that even if I have to kick my brother out, I will before I do that to you." She tells me.

We both start laughing and I wipe some tears from my eyes before we start heading into the living room and order some food.

Several hours went by and still, Dorian hadn't come back yet.

The pack were all here though and Jade told them everything and surprisingly, everyone was actually stoked and excited about who I was. So we all hung out and I got to know everyone and we were having a good time until the room fell quiet once we saw Dorian standing the archway to the living room, looking at me and no one else. He looked a mess.

"Can I speak with you?" He asks.

I look at Jade and the rest of them and then got up and walked over towards him as I followed him up into his bedroom where he shut the door behind us and had me sit on the bed while he sat beside me.

We both were nervous. Why did I start thinking about kissing him? Oh my god, I need to get that out of my head. However, it is a little nerve wrecking to sit here quiet.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask nervously.

I next feel him put my hand in his and I look at him though I feel as I'm about to cry but try to hide the tears.

"Listen. I've been thinking and I didn't mean to run off. It's just, I was scared. Everything that's been going on I just....." He started and I cut him off by grabbing his face and placing my lips onto his.

I can't tell you why I did it but I just felt like it. I just had a feeling that that's what we both needed and as he's kissing me back, I can tell he was thinking the same thing.

When we pulled our heads apart a little bit to catch our breaths, I decided to make this the time to tell him.

"I'm not supposed to know if I have a mate or not because though I can see everyone else's mates doesn't mean I can with me too. But I am so glad to know that you are my mate." I tell him.

We both smile at each other and lean back onto the bed, looking into each other's eyes as he gently caresses the side of my face and I do the same with his until we fall asleep, cuddling in each other's arms.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)