CHAPTER 28: It's Not Fair

MYSTIC

While on our way to the place we were meant to be fighting at soon, I began thinking about something I heard of when I was little about werewolves. That we are not beasts and are meant to be the protectors of those we love along with our own kind among other creatures including humans.

For centuries there was peace between the humans and us. Then of course hatred and fear caused the division between our kinds until several years ago and now, Enigma wants to destroy all of that and take us back and not forward.

That's what I plan to change when this is all over. I also feel that you can't necessarily be a good leader until you have been in the life of others to have an understanding of the good the bad and the ugly.

"Babe?" I hear Dorian's voice break my concentration and bring me back to the present.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. I was just remembering something from when I was little." I replied.

"Oh." He says.

The car stops and of course, just as any other creepy scene from a scary movie, there of course has to be heavy thick fog covering the ground.

As soon as we got out, we began looking around and mind linked with some of the guys that were surrounding the territory and everyone said they didn't see anyone yet.

We all then got in position and stood in the clearing, anticipating Enigma to take advantage of this fog and sneek up on us.

Then out of nowhere, I felt something brush quickly against my ankles but yet, couldn't see anything.

"What is it? What's the matter?" Dorian asked me.

"Yeah. I just felt something brush quickly against my ankles." I tell him.

He looks down at the ground and begins trying to move his hand through the fog and then suddenly, we hear from off to the side and a few feet away from us, one of our guys get grabbed and forced down onto the ground along with hearing a loud roaring growl and then start hearing screams and yells. That's when I see Dorian and everyone else shift into their wolf forms as do I.

We shifted just in time as we began hearing the footsteps on the ground getting closer and louder to us and out of nowhere, all of Enigma's pack come jumping out over the fog towards all of us and we all begin fighting.

Right away we lose sight of one another as we focus on trying to make sure we're attacking Enigma's pack and not Dorian's.

Even the Elders I noticed were fighting along with us and I must say that they were bad ass for being how old they are and not being in a big fight like this one in a long time.

You could tell which ones they were because of their hue colors on their fur that was mixed with some grey hairs.

"Fucking bitch!" I heard someone say to me and standing a few feet in front of me, staring me down while growling as he stood on all fours with blood dripping from his mouth and panting heavily.

"Crate!" I mind linked him back in reply.

"My my, Moon Goddess. You are mighty brave to come out here and fight with the big wolves." He says.

"As are you. Especially since you're about to get your ass kicked hard by the new Moon Goddess." I smirk.

"Fat chance bitch!" He says.

"There's only one way to find out." I tell him.

We both then sprint towards each other and right away start clawing at each other and trying to snap our sharp canines at each other.

He gets very little time to bite me and claw at me but he is able to hurt me pretty bad. However, I just continue to fight through the
pain until finally, I snap his neck with my teeth and drop his body into the fog below on the ground. I then start looking around and see everyone is still fighting until I see Enigma and Dorian still fighting and right as I get ready to sprint over there to help him, I hear Jade growl louder than I have ever heard and then yelp out loud in pain, making me run towards her instead to help her.

When I get over there, I see a wolf on top of her getting ready to claw at her until I leap out of the fog and knock the wolf over and right away are at their chest deep and hard enough to let them bleed out.

I quickly then make my way over towards her and notice her breaths are shallow.

"I'm gonna get you out of here." I start to tell her.

"No. It's okay." She says through her struggled breaths. "Please don't leave me." She says. 

"Okay. I promise." I tell her as I stay there beside her.

I start mind linking the guys and as I look around, I notice that everyone in our pack is accounted for, minus a couple but all of Enigma's men are all dead and some even dismembered.

I hear a loud deep yelp and think right away that it's Dorian. However, I quickly feel better when he comes walking up and sits next to me while looking at Jade.

All of us are tired and hurt badly, but not as much as Jade and even worse, she's bleeding a lot more than she should.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)