CHAPTER 12: A Good Night After All

DORIAN

"Shit!" I hear Mystic say as her drinks and popcorn spill all over her clothes while everything else she was holding drops to the ground.

Although I was upset she was here and even worse, without anyone with her, I couldn't help but feel really bad from what just happened.

All I wanted to do was come on over and ask what she was doing here by herself but then she turned and bumped into me.

I wanted to tell her I was sorry and that I didn't mean but she went off towards the bathroom to clean up I'm assuming.

"What the hell did you do?!" I hear Jade come stomping up to me and pokes me in the chest.

"Don't start with me!" I warn her.

"Don't YOU talk to me that way! You need to stop being an asshole to her, do you hear me?!" She yells at me.

"Jade, I mean it, don't start. Besides, it's not me who left her here by herself."

"Oh my god, I needed to use the bathroom. Shit!" She snaps.

"Yeah well I didn't mean to do anything to her. In fact, she bumped into me and the drinks and snacks all fell onto the floor. Then before I had a chance to apologize, she went off towards the bathroom and saw you come up to me." I mention to shut her up hopefully.

Before she said anything else, she looked over and I saw Mystic start walking our way and then I heard a friend of mine who I had taken out, since she had just come into town from being gone a few years for treatment for breast cancer and has recently been cleared of it, she calls out my name.

"Dorian? Are we going to see the movie?" She calls out to me.

"No." I snap and then her and I begin leaving the place as I couldn't stand being there any longer.

"What's with you?" My friend Angel asks as we walk to the car.

"Nothing. I think we should just go and do something else. You know, so we could catch up with each other." I lie.

"Yeah right." She says not believing me as I open the door up for her and she gets in then we drive away to one of her favorite restaurants that she mentioned she missed.

Then once we ordered our food, we started catching up with each other.

Angel was a wolf and then one day, lost her wolf after she got cancer. She had to leave to receive her treatment at a facility her parents heard about who was run by a pack doctor and lived in Italy. Then she came into town a few days ago and is leaving tomorrow so we thought we'd have some fun tonight before she went back.

"So you wanna tell me why we REALLY left?" She asks right after the waiter places our food in front of us and walks off.

"Not really." I tell her as I take a bite from my steak.

"Seriously? You're gonna play that card with me?" She asks with a cocked eyebrow.

"It's nothing really. Just, my sister and my mate." I mumble the last part.

"Your mate? Oh my god, she was there and you didn't introduce me?" She asks.

"No and I don't plan to anytime soon neither. She doesn't know she is, first of all and plus, I'm just trying to protect her cause the head Elder asked me to for a while." I tell her.

"Why?"

"He hasn't told me yet but it doesn't matter, I'm going to find out who she is."

"Why can't you just enjoy yourself? And wait a minute, this is perfect. The ball is coming up next month and you now can bring a date that isn't a random bimbo."

"Stop it. It's not going to happen." I look at her sternly.

She just shakes her head while starting to eat.

Then after saying goodbye and me dropping her off, I start driving back to the house and on the way, I begin thinking about what Angel said tonight about the ball but also about Mystic being my mate. She was right but at the same time, I have no idea in who this girl is even. Not to mention that she doesn't seem to feel the mating pull or she does and doesn't want me.

While pulling up to the house, I get out and head inside and it seems like most the lights are off and everyone's asleep. At least that's what I thought before I can smell Mystic's scent and also can hear a movie playing in the movie room.

So I walk towards the room and when I take a peek inside I can see Mystic watching a movie. Of course, it's another Christmas movie. Is she obsessed with the holiday or what?

I had thought for a moment of leaving her alone but then my wolf tells me I need to watch the movie with her and apologize.
So I listen to him this time and start walking to her and when I begin apologizing to her I stop when I notice she's asleep.

I stand there for a moment looking at her and at how peaceful she looks while sleeping.

I'm not sure why I did what I was about to do but I picked her up bridal style and started carrying her upstairs to her bedroom and laid her down gently into bed and underneath the covers before heading off to bed.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)