CHAPTER 22: There Is NO Safe Place

DORIAN

The next morning after an amazing night of my mate and I making love, I can't help but look at her as she's still asleep cuddled in my arms with her head on my chest and smile.

She starts moving around a little bit after I kiss her on the top of her head.

"I love you." I quietly tell her.

"Mmm...I love you too." I hear her tell me.

I hadn't realized she was awake enough to hear me but I'm so glad she was and that she said the same thing.

She turns her head and looks up at me.

"Good morning beautiful." I smile at her while gently caressing her hair.

"Good morning." She replies with a smile.

"Alpha! Mystic!" We hear Jade call out to is while hearing her running towards our door and bursts it opened.

"What the hell?!" I immediately jolt up in bed scowling at her while Mystic quickly covers herself up.

"Oh god. I am so sorry." She says while covering her eyes.

"What is it?!" I ask.

The Elder is downstairs and needs to speak with both of you." She states.

"Alright. Tell him we'll be down in a few minutes." I tell her.

"Take your time." She laughs.

"You can go now Jade." I tell her.

She then walks out and closes the door behind her.

I get out of bed and look at Mystic.

"Sorry about that. She has no respect for privacy." I laugh.

"It's okay." Mystic replies while blushing.

I can't help but stare at her and then get back onto the bed and lean in to kiss her.

"Come take a shower with me." I say against her lips.

"Okay." She replies.

We both take a shower together and then get dressed before heading downstairs hand in hand.

"My apologies for coming without contacting you all first but there just isn't much time we have left." He says getting right to the point.

"What's wrong?" I asked while Mystic and I sat on the couch across from him.

"I'm afraid that you both are no longer safe. No matter where you go. Both Enigma and Crate have followed you both and he is bringing his pack with him." He begins.

"He doesn't want to start a war, does he?" I ask.

"There's only one reason he brings all his pack with him." The Elder reminded me.

"Right." I reply.

"Mystic." He says while looking at her. "This is for you." He says while handing her an envelope.

She takes it and see's her name on it.

"What is this?" She asks.

"It's from your mother. She wrote it a couple weeks before she died. Just in case something ever happened to her." He explains.

"Wait, did she know she was going to die?" She asks him as it sounded like there was something he wasn't saying.

"Not exactly. She didn't know. But I did." He confesses while looking away. "Though I tried to tell her."

Both Mystic and I are shocked and look at him trying to think of how to react to what he just said.

"Hold up, are you saying you can see things before they happen?" I ask.

"Unfortunately." He says with a sniffle and shakes his head.

"Why do you say that?" I ask confused at why he would hide that he can see things like that.

"Because how would you feel if you feared waking up everyday, afraid to see if another one of someone you care about was going to die and how." He exclaims with sadness.

I guess I didn't think of it like that.

"I'm sorry Sir." I apologize.

"It's alright. It's not your fault. One of the biggest downfalls though is I can never see who does it." He states. "Which is another reason why this whole thing has been frustrating for all of us, especially me." He says and then looks over at Mystic and half smiles. "Your mother was the best Moon Goddess there ever was. She was my best friend and though I did try to protect her and stop her from trying to get killed, she still went and fought." He stops himself.

"Why?" Mystic asks with tears forming in her eyes.

"To protect you and our future. You're the only one left that can be our Moon Goddess. Without one, our species can be in trouble. Then when the day came that she found out you had a mate, though she wasn't too thrilled right away with, eventually, she realized that you'd be taken care of." He smiles as he looks at me towards saying the last part.

Both Mystic and I look at each other still confused.

"But I still don't understand why then she would tell me most of my life that I could never love and why she couldn't see my mate earlier." Mystic states.

"Read that letter and you'll get the answers you're looking for." He says.

We all sit in silence for a moment and then before I could ask anything else, he got up and said he needed to leave and that he would come by tomorrow and go over the plan of action in how to prepare for Enigma. He even said he'd bring some of the other Elders with him to help us out.

So Mystic and I walk him to the door and as I turn to look back at Mystic, I see her looking down at the envelope.

"We'll leave you alone." I suggest while motioning with my head for Jade to follow me out of the living room so that Mystic could read the letter herself.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)