CHAPTER 18: I'm An Idiot.....

DORIAN

Our waitress was acting weird since she first took our order up until we left. It seemed like she knew Mystic or something. 

I decided to ignore it because I wasn't sure if I was just being paranoid or not and I promised Jade I would do my best in trying to get to know her anyways. 

The lunch all together wasn't bad as we talked even more and honestly, I'll admit that it towards the end, I felt like maybe I could genuinely get along with her and not because I have to neither. 

For the rest of the day, I showed her around the city and we went to even see a movie. Things seemed to have gone great and we were laughing in the car. Overall we had a great time. In fact, it's been one of the best days that I've had in a very long time. 

Then for the next couple of weeks, it seemed easier and more naturally comfortable to be around her. Although the question that still lingered and would every now and then pop back up in my mind as a reminder that I still don't know everything about her. 

Sometimes it seemed as though there were moments where she seemed like she was about to say something but hesitated and always ended up changing the subject. 

This morning I was called by my buddy that I had look up information on Mystic that had told me he couldn't find anything on her other than that she was born here and her parents are both dead. Though to be honest, right now I really don't care anymore. 

So I got ready and waited for both Jade and Mystic to come back from going out to the store and I was planning to take Mystic out but that changed quickly once I heard the front door swing open and in ran both Jade and Mystic into the living room where she helped Mystic to the couch. 

"What happened?" I asked panicked while running to her side. 

"We were almost attacked." Jade began to explain. 

"What do you mean? By who?" I ask. 

She looks at me with a look of uncertainty which I'm not sure as to why and then looks at her real quick who looks at her through red eyes from crying so hard and she nodded at her. 

Jade takes me out of the living room for a minute and begins explaining. 

"Listen, first of all, I need you to promise me you won't get upset." She starts. 

"Okay...." I reply a little worried. 

"I wanted to tell you after I found out but, there's a reason we couldn't. But obviously we need to." She stops and takes in a deep breath before continuing. "The Moon Goddess who died, that was her mother. She's meant to be the new Moon Goddess and was told not to tell anyone who she was and to be watched by someone the head council could rely on. That's why he chose us. And whoever killed her mother is after her and I think they found us." She says. 

I look at her for a moment waiting for her to tell me she was kidding because this didn't make any sense. But then I looked over at Mystic who was now looking at me and then looked away. I start walking over to her but she grabs my arm to stop me. 

"Don't scare her." She warns me. 

"Don't worry." I assure her. 

If I hadn't gotten to know Mystic as much as I have recently than maybe I would have reacted more upset but all I feel for some reason is sympathy. 

"Wow! Our mate is the Moon Goddess. How awesome is that?!" My wolf tells me. 

"Yeah." I reply back at him but it stops me at the same time as it reminds me how she's my mate. Which if that's the case, then that means that she DID know this whole time that we were mates. 

I look at her again and I do feel bad but then why hasn't she embraced the fact that we're mates with each other? Maybe she really does feel the way that I thought she did which was by denying the fact. Am I not good enough for her? That's gotta be it. I mean sure, in the beginning I was a dick but I have been busting my ass off these past few weeks trying to get to know her and giver a chance, meanwhile, she knew about us.

"Dorian?" I hear Jade from behind me ask. 

I don't even reply and instead just walk off towards the back and into the woods. I need to clear my head right now. 

I ignore Jade yelling at me from behind trying to get me to come back inside but I just continue heading into the woods. 

How could I have been so stupid and become so gullible enough to lower myself in trying to make good with her when she has been clearly denying us being each other's mates. She sure isn't doing such a great job as the new Moon Goddess if she's not accepting being mates with me. My god, I'm such an idiot!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)