CHAPTER 27: Here We Go

DORIAN

We were all preparing for this big fight that was to take place with Enigma and his pack soon and I can't lie, I was nervous as hell and scared shitless. Mainly because I was terrified of not being able to protect my mate.

Even though she has been proving more and more everyday that she is stronger than we all thought.

"You almost ready?" I asked her as I walked in on her strapping a holster around her thigh that were holding her daggers that were made out of pure silver and soaked in wolfs bane.

"Yeah." She says as she looks at me through the mirror.

"You nervous?" I ask as I walked up behind her and turn her to look at me.

"A little bit but not too much anymore." She replies then holds my face and looks into my eyes and smiles. "Everything is going to be okay." She tries to reassure me for the hundredth time.

"I can't help it....wait, how did you..." I began to ask.

"My abilities have become much stronger." She answers.

"Oh, so now you can read thoughts?" I ask.

"Yep." She smiles.

We lean our foreheads towards one another and we stand there for a moment, embracing each other.

"I love you so much." I tell her.

"I love you too and we're going to get through this." She tells me.

I just nod my head in agreement since I don't want to think about it or talk about it anymore.

We then hear Jade call out to us from downstairs while waiting for us to come down along with everyone else.

Once we walk hand-in-hand, we look at everyone as they all look a little more nervous than usual. Which I don't blame them in considering what we're about to go up against, not to mention there being more pressure since we have the Moon Goddess with us that we need to protect.

"Tonight, is going to be the biggest fight either one of us has ever been a part of, so far. There's a lot more at stake tonight as we all know and I just want to say that it's an honor to have you all as part of my pack." I address everyone.

"Holy shit brother, you make it sound like we're gonna die or something." Jade says to try and make a joke that did happen to work as we all started to laugh.

We then stop as we hear a knock at the front door. We all look at each other and then look at the door trying to think in who it could be. So I begin approaching the front door cautiously and as soon as I opened it up, I saw all the Elders, including the head elder standing there looking at me.

"Sir? Elders?!" I greet them in shock and then invite them inside.

They all walk in and nod their heads at everyone. They also seem to be dressed different than usual.

"Everyone." The head elder says to us.

"What are you all doing here?" I ask confused.

"We have come to help." He states.

"What? There's no way we can allow that." I begin to tell him.

"Well, with all do respect Alpha, as much as we trust your pack and know that you guys don't necessarily need any help, it has been a while for us to be honest and not to mention these stakes are higher than there has been for many years." He states.

"Thank you for coming." I hear Mystic tell him with a smile while placing her hand on one of my shoulders.

"It is our honor to be fighting with the best." One of the elders says to us.

We then quickly go over the plan and before leaving, the head elder tells us that he has the rest of the council surrounding the grounds we are supposed to have the fight with Enigma at.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)