CHAPTER 20: Never Thought I Would Be Here

DORIAN

The next morning after we woke up and got ready to head over to the council hall to meet up with the head Elder, we sat down first and had breakfast with Jade and told her what both Mystic and I talked about last night.

"I'm so glad to hear you both realize how much you're meant to be together." She stated with enthusiasm.

"Yep." I reply while smiling at Mystic and holding her hand.

"And you're welcome for me telling her you were both mates and explaining the situation." Jade smiles.

"Yeah, about that. Why did you tell her?" I asked.

"Because it was taking you too long and when you ran off like a drama queen, I thought I'd tell her. Again though, you're welcome." She smirks.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. "Anyways, Mystic and I are heading over to see the Elder and see if rather or not he can explain..." I started but was interrupted by a rapid speed of knocking at the door. Who can that be?

We all got up and walked over to the door and after answering it, I was surprised to see it was the head Elder and his assistant.

"Sir?" We all asked surprised.

"Hello. I hope I'm not interrupting." He says.

"Of course not. We were just about to get ready to leave to come see you. Please come on in." I suggest.

"Thank you." He replies and we all walk into the study, take a seat and Jade's nice enough to get drinks for us all.

"So what brings you here?" I ask.

"There's a problem." He begins. "First off, congratulations on you both being mates." He smiles at me and Mystic.

"Thanks." She smiles at him and then me.

"How did you know already?" I asked confused.

"Her mother told me. Before she was killed, she told me she saw who Mystic's mate was. That's mostly why I chose you to protect her." He smiles.

"But I thought it was cause you thought I was the best?" I asked confused a little still.

"It is. That was just part of it." He says.

"Okay, but then why didn't you tell me that? And how come my mother was able to see and I wasn't? Is it true that I can't see my own mate? Also, why did she tell me all my life that I wasn't able to fall in love. I mean, none of it makes any sense." Mystic says.

"I understand. But you too must understand that your mother was trying to protect you and didn't know who your mate was until the day before she died." He tells us.

"Okay, so let me get this straight, my mother found out about me having a mate and you knew about it but never told me. Were you wanting me to find out on my own or something?" She asks sounding irritated.

"Mystic, listen to me, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner about all of this. However, you already have so much on your plate and  your mother just died I-I didn't want to add to everything." He says sounding and looking ashamed.

We all shared a moment of silence between each other.

"I guess I understand. But then what about who killed my mother? What do we know about who it is?" She asks him.

"He has found you. At least, one of his guys has." He begins.

"Wait, are you talking about the asshole from the other day?" Jade asks.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Mystic and I were out and then this asshole came up to us and we got in a fight but her and I were able to escape." She explains.

"Oh no. What did he look like?" He asked with a worried look on his face.

"He looked to be around our age. Buzzed head, tattoos on his neck and arms, with a medium build, tanned, maybe six feet tall." She describes to him.

"Enigma." He says under his breath.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"That's the one who killed her parents. The guy you met is his Beta, Crate." He says. "They'll know you guys are here." He states.

"Then we'll be ready for him." I assure him while putting my hand on Mystics.

"Mystic can't stay here. She needs to be protected and the only place she can be is in the hideaway."

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's a place that no one knows about, except me. It's a place we had built many years ago to use if the Moon Goddess ever got into a situation like this one. She'll be in less danger and there will be far more protection." He explains.

"But what about Jade and Dorian? I can't just leave them. Plus what about the Christmas Ball coming up? To avoid suspicion or anything, shouldn't we continue to have that?" Mystic recommended.

"No. It'll be too dangerous. I'm sorry but you're gonna have to cancel your party." The Elder tells me.

I nod my head in agreement.

"I don't care about the party. I just want to keep Mystic safe." I tell him.

Mystic smiles at me and we wait to hear what he says.

"Fine. You and your pack may go but, you need to leave some of your men here to help keep us informed about if rather or not Enigma and his pack come back. Which I'm sure he will very soon." He warns us.

"I understand. We can leave tonight, to that place." I tell him.

"Alright. The sooner you all leave the better. Make sure to let me know when you get there." He states as he stands.

"Yes sir." I reply as we all stand up and shake his hand before escorting him out.

Once he was gone, we didn't have much time and hurried up to pack and then headed there.

We got the address and it happened to be in England. Never thought I would ever be here, mates with the Moon Goddess and now, leaving to protect her from a very powerful and well known enemy.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)